Debbie Downer here

Options
Osulindsay21
Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
Hello, does anyone else feel like the people on the information who lost 30lbs on the program, and already looked in decent shape, are full of crap?

I'm almost halfway through week four and I don't notice much of a difference in my body. I think my endurance is getting a bit better, seem more flexible and I feel stronger when I do the workouts. However, I don't see much of a change in my body and the scale hasn't moved at all.

I will continue it b/c it kicks my butt and I sweat like crazy, so I like the workout format itself. Just wondering how these people lost a ton of weight. Am I the only one having trouble like this?

Replies

• kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I saw some people on the message boards who had previously done Insanity say they saw the most change during month 2, so you may see more of a difference going forward.

That said, I don't think the people who lost 30 lbs are full of crap. A lot of it probably also depends on diet, how hard they pushed themselves, and how much they had left to lose. (If I lost 30 lbs, I'd be underweight, so that isn't going to happen for me.) I'll fully admit that I could probably push myself a little harder at times, and I could probably do better with my diet. Everyone is different, though. I can definitely see how the pounds could fall off with this workout, given the right circumstances.

I've been happy with my results so far -- I'm mid week 4 and down 5 lbs. I was looking to lose around 10 with it, so I should be right on track. Although I haven't checked my measurements recently, I'm also down a lot of inches, given how my clothes are fitting (or not fitting, I guess I should say!)
  • amjenty
    amjenty Posts: 22
    Options
    See my post in "What are your daily calories" Don't stop and get distracted, keep going, keep going, keep going! :)
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm really down about the lack of scale movement too. And, while I was feeling stronger and firmer, I wasn't noticing a HUGE change in my body or clothes (I'm on summer break though, so different than normal clothes...)
    Today I took measurements again as I start month 2 tomorrow. I'm measuring in conjunction with the Fit Tests. In the areas I'm measuring...waist, upper and lower hip, bicep, neck, upper and lower thigh, upper and mid calf, and chest...all totalled, I've lost 12 inches! So something is working.
    I am doing my fit test later today (it's my rest day, but I don't want a double workout tomorrow...) so I'll post results of that too. I'm sore all over, so I'm not sure how great it will be.

I'm excited and scared to start month 2 tomorrow. I hope with the variety of workouts my zeal and motivation will return. I definitely struggle with the calorie intake question. I just changed my calories back to 1200 as I now have an HRM to measure burn. I think for energy level and overall fitness, I will have to eat most if not all of my calories back, so my 1200 base should allow me to lose a pound a week (my goal).
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I with ya on the scale thing. I've lost consistently 2 to 5lbs a week since last November, so this freaks me out a bit. On the other hand this is offset by looking leaner and getting hella muscles in first month :). The second month I think is going to be where it all starts to fall off according to beachbody forums I've read. You spend first month building your body for the shred of the second month. Im pretty stoked about this. The 60 day mark ends on my birthday, total coincidence. Love it.