Sick of it!

Options
Hey, gang! I've been falling back into some bad habits lately and my body is showing the proof. 10 of the 30 pounds I've lost have made a reappeared and I've allowed myself to "start tomorrow" or have "just one more brownie". You know, like the old days. When I was miserable. This has spiraled into one crappy-*kitten* mood, which begets more eating, which begets less working out. You know, same old song and dance. I'm done. I'm sick of seeing a muffin top again. I'm sick of being afraid to wear anything with a waistband because I just KNOW if I put it on it will be tight. I haven't worked out since June 25. JUNE! I'm sick of it. Sick of the crappy mood, the tight clothes, and the complete lack of energy. It's time to do this. I did my calculations on scooby and a 20% TDEE will be 1503. So, I'm doing this AND I'm getting back in the gym. It's time. I've won the battle before and I'll be damned if I let it kick my butt this time.

Anyway, that was my little introduction. So nice to meet you. :)

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hi! That seems like a VERY low TDEE. 15% is the max cut one should do. I'm thinking it should be more! :-)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hey, gang! I've been falling back into some bad habits lately and my body is showing the proof. 10 of the 30 pounds I've lost have made a reappeared and I've allowed myself to "start tomorrow" or have "just one more brownie". You know, like the old days. When I was miserable. This has spiraled into one crappy-*kitten* mood, which begets more eating, which begets less working out. You know, same old song and dance. I'm done. I'm sick of seeing a muffin top again. I'm sick of being afraid to wear anything with a waistband because I just KNOW if I put it on it will be tight. I haven't worked out since June 25. JUNE! I'm sick of it. Sick of the crappy mood, the tight clothes, and the complete lack of energy. It's time to do this. I did my calculations on scooby and a 20% TDEE will be 1503. So, I'm doing this AND I'm getting back in the gym. It's time. I've won the battle before and I'll be damned if I let it kick my butt this time.

Anyway, that was my little introduction. So nice to meet you. :)

I would agree that seems a pretty low TDEE. WHat is your activity level (i.e., how many hours per week do you work out) , current weight, height, age, etc.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sometimes being sick of the way things are is the motivation that we need to change! You can do it!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend not doing less than a 15% cut. You might also benefit from eating at your full TDEE for a few weeks and then cutting just to give yourself a bit of a mental break from the diet mentality.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I am in the same slump myself as well. need to correct my calories.

I want to lose 20% body fat

my CW :190 pounds

Gw 134 pounds

work out level want to go from sedentary to active up my work outs to 30 minuets 5 days a week.

work out: dancing on the wii, boxing on the wii, strength training, walk away the pounds

want to correct my eating habits

eat more fruit and veggies

use proper portions

little processed foor
    healthy snacks

I go shopping on Aug 12th need healthy eating suggestions for snacks and food
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE sounds more like your BMR-are you sure you calculated it correctly?
    As pp said-go with a 10% cut, rather than 15%
    And yes, you can do it :)
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I worded my original post wrong. My BMR is 1367, TDEE is 1879, and calorie goal with a 10% weight loss (calculating 1-3 light workouts per week) is 1691. I will increase the activity level once I get my lazy booty back to working out so it will reflect accurately.

I LOVE that you guys are so supportive. Reading through other boards the responses would have been worded in an "attacking" manner (it seems) rather than, "hey, are you sure you did that right?" You guys rock. Thanks for your help! I'm totally doing this!