Why do I do this to myself??

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    No more people pleasing during dating..ugh that's just trouble all around.

Very, very important lesson right there. Just have to be upfront and let the other person know your true feelings. Equally as important, don't get upset if someone does the same thing to you.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I too have a hard time being mean to men..

but it's super easy for me to be firm and direct with guys that are trying to hit on my girlfriends and my girlfriends are too shy to tell them no! :laugh:

And to clarify, my friends will tell me to step in, lol. I'm not a CB.
  • SweetBasil35
    SweetBasil35 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses..I did communicate that I had made the mistake of not knowing how to react to his intensity..and that I apologize for leading him on.
    He understood he said that he did come on very strong and he felt that he could understand that I want to take it at a different speed and was open to me calling the shots...well thats good as I'm not calling any more shots with this man.
    Lesson LEARNED.

No more people pleasing during dating..ugh that's just trouble all around.

Well done, Kerry!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    greed?
    attention?
    self esteem boost?
    selfishness?
    shrug
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but with guys like that you do need to be a bit of a b****. Guys don't always read women well, so you need to be blunt and straightforward. I don't know you, but it sounds like you might have a problem with self-esteem because I would NEVER let a man I wasn't interested in kiss me. No.

Good for you for being honest with him though. Sounds like you lucked out and he understood and wasn't crazy. haha