Stereotypical Runners

Options
jhohn96
jhohn96 Posts: 15 Member
Have you ever thought to yourself that only the stick thin people do well in the sport of running? This is true, it may be easier for them, but who's there to say that people with meat on their bones can't run fast?! I'm on a mission to prove to the public that just because I've got 30 pounds on the girl in first doesn't mean I can't whoop her butt! Care to join me? :wink:

Replies

• LexiisHealthy
    Options
    That is exactly how I feel! I may be the biggest one on my team...possibly weighing more than most of the guys, for sure owning a heavier frame, but I am building up my stamina and hope to be as fit as them, and as quick! I know even after I lose this weight and become much more toned, I won't be that stick figure, but I will be fine with that. The muscles in my legs and the one that is my heart will be grateful. I have nothing against those who are thin, because anyone can run, and I know plenty of small-sized runners with numerous problems with running as well. It just shouldn't be thought that someone of a heavier weight will fail to pass their thinner adversary due SOLEY because of their weight. It all comes down to commitment, experience, and motivation to the sport, factoring in diet and health conditions. So run like you mean it and show your confidence whatever state you may be in!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how I feel! I may be the biggest one on my team...possibly weighing more than most of the guys, for sure owning a heavier frame, but I am building up my stamina and hope to be as fit as them, and as quick! I know even after I lose this weight and become much more toned, I won't be that stick figure, but I will be fine with that. The muscles in my legs and the one that is my heart will be grateful. I have nothing against those who are thin, because anyone can run, and I know plenty of small-sized runners with numerous problems with running as well. It just shouldn't be thought that someone of a heavier weight will fail to pass their thinner adversary due SOLEY because of their weight. It all comes down to commitment, experience, and motivation to the sport, factoring in diet and health conditions. So run like you mean it and show your confidence whatever state you may be in!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    What more can I add to that! Preach it!!!
  • jhohn96
    jhohn96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A big Amen to that! You hit it right on the money, girl! :happy:
    I'm glad that there are others out there who share the same opinions I have. So glad that I found this group :smile:
  • i_am_anas_bitch
    Options
    I am very skinny runner (i am on here to be healthy NOT too loose weight) and yes I am a very good runner but no. Muscle helps you run! The best runners have meat on there bones but thinner muscle is better if you know what i mean. But what will really help kick butt is beingt tall! It sucks being 5'4" when you are trying to beat someone 5'8"!!