HELP ME GUYS! CLICK THIS NOW!

Options
okay so here is the dilemma. because i have been on a 600 calorie diet for approximately 9 days, is it possible to put on weight by eating 330 calories over the limit because my body isn't use to eating that much. what should i do? please help me.

Replies

• PlushHyena
    PlushHyena Posts: 28
    Options
    You won't put on much weight from 330 calories anyway, don't worry. I overate one day and still lost weight that week. :O
  • carrot1965
    Options
    May I inquire about this 600 calorie a day diet? Is this something the doctor put you on and is it really healthy? I am willing to do whatever to lose weight however I have no...did I say no?...willpower.
  • SadieChron
    SadieChron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would be careful - to have a diet that is only 600 calories is unhealthy - In order to gain a pound of fat, you need to consume an extra 3500 calories more than usual. So if you ate 3500 calories extra in 1 week, you'd gain one pound. That is a lot of eating, and usually doesn't happen!!!!

Also, severely restricted diets like yours can cause your body to think it's in a state of starvation and actually make it cling to fat more, slowing your metabolism because your body needs to conserve all the calories it needs. Then, if you start eating normally again, it will hold onto all the extra calories. Best to NEVER dip below 1200 and even that is super-low!
  • SadieChron
    SadieChron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am worried about the 600 calorie a day diet. It is indicative of an eating disorder. Please don't be upset if I put that out there...something to consider. Even if you are morbidly obese, which I doubt, you should still eat more than 600 calories a day.