W5D3

MsBrdlv
MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
I DID IT!!! Of course, I was going REALLY slow (3.5 mph pace approx.)......but still, I DID IT! Feels SO good. Now I'm taking the next 3 days off to recover (sort of forced into it due to vacation and the weekend)......then on Monday it's on to week 6! :bigsmile: I feel like I'm on top of the world right now!

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Congratulations! That SUCH an awesome accomplishment!!
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Way to go! and speed doesn't matter at all. What matters is that YOU DID IT!!!
  • MsBrdlv
    Thanks! It felt really great!! And, I know the speed will come later. Right now I am just focusing on endurance.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Awesome job MrsBrdlv. Have a super vacation. :drinker:
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Yey! I did it today too - thought it was going to be a killer but found it easier than day 2 (5 mins, 8 mins, 5 mins)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Awesome! Glad to hear it! That's on my schedule for tonight - I might have to push it off until tomorrow but I'd really like to get it over with! Your post gives me hope it can be done! :flowerforyou:
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Fabulous job!!
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Awesome! Glad to hear it! That's on my schedule for tonight - I might have to push it off until tomorrow but I'd really like to get it over with! Your post gives me hope it can be done! :flowerforyou:

Enjoy it! It really wasn't that bad!
  • MsBrdlv
    It really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I think I had built it up in my head, but with the intervals building up to it, made it almost a breeze. Of course I am now either fighting a cold or sudden onset of allergies........hopefully it will be gone before W6D1 on Monday!
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Congratulations! We knew you could do it!
  • krawles
    krawles Posts: 18 Member
    Sorry about the double posting. I'm learning how to use the software.
  • krawles
    It really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I think I had built it up in my head, but with the intervals building up to it, made it almost a breeze. Of course I am now either fighting a cold or sudden onset of allergies........hopefully it will be gone before W6D1 on Monday!

It is my understanding a person can run with a head cold, but not a chest cold. If you're coughing a lot with the cold, it isn't a good idea to run. Otherwise, you can do it! You might even clear up the head cold faster. I don't know about allergies because I am fortunate to have never suffered from them like others I know.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member

Enjoy it! It really wasn't that bad!

I survived. Once I started I was determined not to stop. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but I lived. I probably wouldn't recommend drinks and greasy appetizers beforehand like I did.
  • MsBrdlv

It is my understanding a person can run with a head cold, but not a chest cold. If you're coughing a lot with the cold, it isn't a good idea to run. Otherwise, you can do it! You might even clear up the head cold faster. I don't know about allergies because I am fortunate to have never suffered from them like others I know.

No coughing, just a lot of sneezing with a runny nose. Woke up feeling pretty blah this morning, so I'm thinking head cold. Took some extra vitamin C and a hour nap in the afternoon. Feeling better this evening........which is a good thing as we leave for our vacation tomorrow morning!
  • MsBrdlv
    Congratulations! We knew you could do it!

Thanks! I knew I could do it too, as long as I stayed out of my head and didn't push to go too fast. Thank you for the support/encouragement!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    The big 20 min. run is scheduled for Sunday. All of your encouragement and posting is helping me to believe I can do it. Here's hoping!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    I set out today for W5 D3 and just conquered it. I feel the Happy Dance comin' on.:drinker: I just kept on running for 31 minutes straight. Feels so awesome knowing I can do it.
  • krawles
    Way to go, Jaccyber! That kind of confidence makes it so much easier. Looking forward to a graduation report. Go for a roller coaster ride when you complete the program!
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it. 3.8 mph, but I still did it!