ketosis

adrie315
adrie315 Posts: 12 Member
Can someone explain to me the importance of being in ketosis? I have never checked and now Im thinking I should.. Ive been doing LC now for about five weeks.. how often do you all check?

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Can someone explain to me the importance of being in ketosis? I have never checked and now Im thinking I should.. Ive been doing LC now for about five weeks.. how often do you all check?

I don't.

As long as I am hitting my carb target (50g) I don't worry about it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i pee on a ketostick almost every time i pee. it keeps me in line more than a scale.

chances are, if you're anywhere from 10-40 carbs daily, you could be in ketosis.
  • Don't ever check... I'm guessing that with my carbs between 20-30g a day (aiming for 50) and not much appetite as well as losing weight then I must be :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Ketosis: a process in which the body converts stored fat cells into energy to feed the body. Fat is stored energy... it used to be sugars.... the body will store sugar if it doesnt need it, and it gets stored as......wait for it...... FAT.

It is perfectly safe to be in ketosis, it is not a harmful process and can occur in diabetics and non-diabetics as well.

When people use a "Ketostix" to test their urine, they are looking for a product in the urine called Ketone Bodies.. that is the waste product that gets dumped out of your body via your urine output.