Help! Motivating yourself to go all out

Options
How do you motivate yourself to go all out in your workouts?

I've lost about 22 lbs in the past 8 weeks... But, whenever I work out I never quite can make myself go my hardest.

I'm working at maybe 60-70% of my potential... But, I can't beat the mental block.

Replies

• desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem at times.

I alternate going to the gym with workouts at home. At home I really try to change up what I do. I have exercise DVDs and "games" on both the Wii and PS3 (EA Sports and Boxing/kickboxing). I have a bowflex, free weights and a treadmill! I have also found a free app on my Samsung pad (Workout trainer by Skimble).

I find that I need challenging workouts to stay motivated.

My basic pattern is alternating aerobic with strength/weight training with a rest day every 3-4 days.

Right now my favorites are Zumba (you might not be interested in this!) and swimming at the gym, P90X and other body weight/dumbbell workouts (found on Workout trainer) at home. I throw in some yoga for stretching as well!

But in a week or 2 I'll have to change it to stay challenged!

Good luck!
  • SarahsJourney77
    Options
    I think you should begin to research some Fun workouts that don't make you feel like your working out but also pushes you to your fullest potential. It may take a while to find what your looking for but nothing comes easy right? Also if your doing the same workouts all the time.. of course it can get boring or the lack of motivation may kick in.. MIX IT UP! MAKE IT FUN!