sound off what are you doing this year?

Options
ramonasowner
ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
HI. I am running the Erie Marathon in September. I was just wondering what distance and where everyone is training for?

Replies

• cmh806
    cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    New York In November
    Dallas in December
    Houston in January
    Cowtown Utra in February......so far
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good luck in Erie! I'm doing the Dallas Marathon in December.
  • StrongerByTheMiles
    Options
    I am doing the Columbus Marathon on October 21, 2012! Woohoo!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sprint Duathlon coming up this weekend (I chickened out of the the tri - my swimming stinks)
    Army Run Half-Marathon Sept 23
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Philly marathon in Nov - my first!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Despite saying last year's Indianapolis Monumental Marathon was going to be my first and only one, I've been (easily :P) coerced into doing it again this year. November 3rd I'll attempt to improve my previous time by at least 15 minutes!

Running is just too damn great to go for it again, amirite?
  • ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Hartford, CT marathon on October 13th.... hopefully. I got behind in my schedule a bit but I'm hoping I can catch up. It'll be my second.
  • JV2Rocky
    Options
    My 1st Marathon is this December 2nd - California International Marathon
  • allday2
    allday2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Despite saying last year's Indianapolis Monumental Marathon was going to be my first and only one, I've been (easily :P) coerced into doing it again this year. November 3rd I'll attempt to improve my previous time by at least 15 minutes!

Running is just too damn great to go for it again, amirite?

I hear you!! Im running the Richmond full and I said this will be my one and only, but somehow I believe I will do more fulls.

I see you ran the Kentucky Derby. I did that one a couple of years ago.. Nice!

Keep up the running!!
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm training for another full - Rock & Roll - St. Louis in October.
  • KCRunnerSteve
    KCRunnerSteve Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I ran my seventh marathon in April, and was supposed to run Twin Cities next month, but I had a heart attack in August. My next race after Twin Cities was Disney, 2013, and they let me defer. So, now I need to work up to a early spring 5K, a late spring and/or fall half, and then return to marathon running at Disney, 2014. I excited about the challenge!
  • lila1980
    lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a longer timeline that some of you athletes, but I've got 3x5K lined up for fall/winter, 4x10K for the spring, and a Spartan Sprint, Zombie Race and two half-marathons for the summer. I'm not sure if I'll try a marathon distance in the fall or not, or train and do one in 2014. I'd love to, but I have to see how my training is going at that point. :)
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am going to do my fifth half marathon in May (Colfax Marathon in Denver), then in June I plan on attempting my first full at the Estes Park marathon. (I did attempt a full once before, but due to some extreme upper thigh spasms I dropped out half way, so I count it as a half).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My race season for 2012 is done but I've registered for the Hypothermic Half (Jan 27) and the Ottawa Marathon (May 26) and am looking for some shorter races in between