New to MFP and could really use some friends/advice!

Options
I didn't ever want to have to join a calorie counting website, but I gave up and joined when a bunch of friends decided to take dieting seriously. I manage to eat really clean through most of the day, but always blow it in the evening because I can't cook and frozen meals just seem so easy. :( I could use some friends that are into eating clean or raw that could help encourage me! Also, does anyone have any advice on how to jumpstart a clean-eating diet? Should I do a cleanse or something? I'm so new to this.

Replies

• Tdubois
    Tdubois Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI and Welcome! you dont have to start with a cleanse. I think the best thing to do is start with simply buying raw fruits and veggies and deciding what meals you could prepare with those. Good Luck!!
  • jackieorvis
    jackieorvis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!

We eat mostly clean at my house. Feel free to check out my food diaries if you want any ideas of what we have for meals. I'm also always happy to share recipes with you if you want!

Welcome and good luck!
  • ricashaye
    Options
    Thanks! Trying to find recipes that don't have gluten or a ton of oil has been difficult!
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hi, you can add me if you want. I try to eat as clean as possible. I work full time, go to school, have 3 dogs, and go to the gym and have very little time for cooking. What I do is try to have simple meals planned out and ALWAYS use a non-sticky pan to cook. When I have more time I use the bbq for red meat. I remove all the fat from chicken and use salt-free seasonings. I don't use any flour to cook and almost nver had bread. Just a small toast for breakfast with eggwhites and some chicken breast. My carbs come all from fresh veggies. It's the quickest and cleanest way for me to eat. Good luck!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!