upping calories and macro percentages?

svazquez820
svazquez820 Posts: 88 Member
Hello all,

I am new to this ground and I figured out my TDEE and BMR today.

TDEE is 2546
BMR is 1476

How much should I be eating? I workout 5-6 days a week and an average between 1 to 2 hours at the gym. My schedule is loose, I do body pump, kick boxing, HIIT, and boot camp. I also do strenght training. My current weight is 145 I am 5'7 and want to tone up. My ideal weight is 130 but I would be quite happen if I am toned--the scale can't dictate my life.

Thanks for the insight!

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Since you're close to your goal weight, I'd suggest TDEE-5-10%...so around 2300-2400 cals/day. It might take a little longer, but it should be a steady decrease. If you have trouble eating that much, decrease some of the aerobic exercise (keep the weights and HITT). Also you can try to eat more calorie dense foods, and increase by 50-100 calories a week till you get up to your range.
    Make sure you measure and take pictures. Most people who get near their goal don't realize that their body may be changing without a big change on the scale.:wink:
  • Janeyg49
    Janeyg49 Posts: 28 Member
    Since you're close to your goal weight, I'd suggest TDEE-5-10%...so around 2300-2400 cals/day. It might take a little longer, but it should be a steady decrease. If you have trouble eating that much, decrease some of the aerobic exercise (keep the weights and HITT). Also you can try to eat more calorie dense foods, and increase by 50-100 calories a week till you get up to your range.
    Make sure you measure and take pictures. Most people who get near their goal don't realize that their body may be changing without a big change on the scale.:wink:

Ditto for me too!! I am 5ft4 and 137lb goal of 130 but nothing moving at mo so reduced cardio and upped calories to 1500 as was on 1200. Now just doing HITT most days and having a rest day. I have stopped weighing myself so we will see how it goes.
    Good luck to you too hope you reach your goal soon ;-)