eating after a workout???!

Anyone know if its true that its a good/best time to eat soon after a work out for burning fat or is that nonsense? I heard it was a good time as your body is working so hard so burns it pretty much instantly? I never eat before workouts as i know that it causes your body to burn the carbs rather than the fat stores. Thanks!

Replies

• aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Yeah I heard you were supposed to eat after working out. I personally can't because I workout so late at night and am never hungry after working out.
  • I do a small amount of carbs (fruit) about an hour before my workouts to give me energy and then I have a low calorie protein shake right afterwards to support my muscles. So far, so good!
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    I usually do my workouts in the morning… Before I start I drink a cup of coffee and eat a cliff bar (or black chocolate), afterwards a bowl of lactel milk, oatmeal mixed with nuts (muesli) and a scoop of protein powder.

If I do a double in the afternoon, I just have the milk and the scoop and wait with any other food until dinner time.