TDEE question

meerkat70
meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
I've been messing about with my numbers for a while now, trying to find the right level of cals in and out. It's growing really quite frustrating. I think the basic problem is that I don't know how to judge my TDEE.

I have a relatively sedentary job (I'm a university lecturer, so I sit about at computer a fair bit, but also need to stroll about campus, and am obviously on my feet and walking about looking knowledgeable for much of the day when I teach).

Outside of work, I'm fairly active. I run x5 a week, and most of those runs are at least an hour long. I'm a slow runner, but cover fairly significant distances (not huge, but I'm in half marathon training, so my long run is 10-13 miles a week, and rising, and my weekly mileage is about 30-35 miles, and rising).

I cycle maybe 4 times a week. This varies a bit. But say about 4-6 hours of cycling a week.

I walk my dogs every day - half an hour to an hour a day.

I lift weights, and try to do this at least 3 times a week.

Where does that peg me on the TDEE calculator?

I've been eating around 2000 a day for some time, and am just not losing. Is it too much? Too little? I'm still pretty heavy, so a bit upset to have ground to such a complete standstill, and I can't seem to press through it. I'm reasonably secure about my calories in - I weigh food, particularly calorie dense food, so I don't think I'm going massively over at any point.

Replies