Have to ask....

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
For those of you that do the online dating....girls---do you get inbox full of 20+ messages a day? I don't! never have and don't know anyone who does? Maybe it is just the younger, super hot girls? I have some friends that are younger and would probably be considered "hot", but even they do not get that many messages.

There are days/weeks that I get many messages, but is totally sporadic, and never 20+......, but the guys always refer to girls getting TONS of messages every day?

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Never has that ever happened to me.
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ya, not me!! Maybe in a month...maybe not.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can get more hits if you add pics often for the sites where they have an update page that shows your name and says you added pics. Also you need some really good but also realistic pics of yourself you have to include full body shots also or you wont get hits either. I get alot of hits doing the above and Im 49.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    nope. i very rarely if ever get messages :-) and when i do, they're usually " what's up?"

people hardly even LOOK at my profile. so...........
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's a myth.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Nope.

It's sporadic.

Some days, I can get up to five new messages. Some days, ZILCH. I get a ton of profile views, but, apparently, they don't like what they see cause they sure aren't making any contact.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    nope. i very rarely if ever get messages :-) and when i do, they're usually " what's up?"

people hardly even LOOK at my profile. so...........

Didn't you just put your profile up?
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Just post "I am here for the gangbang". :laugh:

(kidding, of course!)

Bonus points for everyone who knows that movie quote. :wink:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    You can get more hits if you add pics often for the sites where they have an update page that shows your name and says you added pics. Also you need some really good but also realistic pics of yourself you have to include full body shots also or you wont get hits either. I get alot of hits doing the above and Im 49.

What do you mean by "hits" though?
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

(kidding, of course!)

Old School
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

(kidding, of course!)

well... this is true...except I've never used that quote, but I did an experiment one time and posted something along the lines of "Just Wanna Have Fun" and my profile pic showed quite a bit of cleavage.... and, yes, the messages came pouring in...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    For those of you that do the online dating....girls---do you get inbox full of 20+ messages a day? I don't! never have and don't know anyone who does? Maybe it is just the younger, super hot girls? I have some friends that are younger and would probably be considered "hot", but even they do not get that many messages.

There are days/weeks that I get many messages, but is totally sporadic, and never 20+......, but the guys always refer to girls getting TONS of messages every day?

A few months ago, a female member of this group posted a screen shot with 643 incoming messages on OkCupid.

Attractive, childless women in their 20s get the majority of messages because that is what every guy under 40-45 or so wants.
  • The_Iron
    Options

(kidding, of course!)

well... this is true...except I've never used that quote, but I did an experiment one time and posted something along the lines of "Just Wanna Have Fun" and my profile pic showed quite a bit of cleavage.... and, yes, the messages came pouring in...

Cuz men are horndogs.
  • The_Iron
    Options
    Oh yeah... you also gotta have the obligatory self portrait standing in front of a mirror exposing your messy @ss bedroom cuz men love b*ches with messy *kitten* rooms. Without that you got nothing!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I get an average of 5-8 messages a day. Most get deleted! Today ive gotten 3 so far.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I meant views and messages
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

A few months ago, a female member of this group posted a screen shot of her with 643 incoming messages on OkCupid.

Attractive, childless women in their 20s get the majority of messages because that is what every guy under 40-45 or so wants.

It seems every day on here I feel more and more like I don`t fit in with life.
    The only time I can remember want women in their 20s was when I was in my 20s,once I got into my 30s and so on my interest level moved with my age.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    DM, I gotta tell you, you are always the bright spot in a dark room. :tongue:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

A few months ago, a female member of this group posted a screen shot of her with 643 incoming messages on OkCupid.

It seems every day on here I feel more and more like I don`t fit in with life.
    The only time I can remember want women in their 20s was when I was in my 20s,once I got into my 30s and so on my interest level moved with my age.

I think he over generalizes, Carl.

I get messages from men in their 20's who don't like the women their own age, so, no, not every man under 45 wants a woman in her 20's.

And just because he thinks he is right all the time, doesn't mean he is!:tongue:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

I meant views and messages

I guess with more views, more people see you, so the chance of more messages? I get a ton of views, but not near as many messages. So, I guess I'm not concerned with views as much. I just want the right guy to view me and message me. LOL Picky, picky, picky :tongue: