Scale is not budging

Options
learntolive
learntolive Posts: 170 Member
For two weeks now, I have not lost a pound. I have kept my calories to 1200, exercised when I can (have a chronic sprained ankle I'm dealing with, when it is not acting up I walk for exercise), drink plenty of liquids. Have only lost 3 lbs in 4 weeks. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Joni :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bluebirdie74
    bluebirdie74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat....i have not lost weight i gained 5 lbs and can't loose it ....
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I change it up a bit. Different exercise, however, I know your restrictions. Can you lift weights in your chair comfortably? If so, try doing that. Also, on your exercise are you eating back any of your exercise calories? On days you have a burn, eat the calories, if no exercise then don't eat more. Start with just 100 calories increase until your ankle improves. I don't have a really good answer for you, all I know is what works for me. Good luck in this journey, but do stay well:):) You do not want to undo what your PT has helped improve. What does your Dr. say?
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    For two weeks now, I have not lost a pound. I have kept my calories to 1200, exercised when I can (have a chronic sprained ankle I'm dealing with, when it is not acting up I walk for exercise), drink plenty of liquids. Have only lost 3 lbs in 4 weeks. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Joni :flowerforyou:

EVEN so 3 lbs is great in 4 weeks:)
  • kdlion
    kdlion Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been on mfp for most of the summer. I have only lost 1.8 lbs, but am grateful to have a loss instead of a gain. I went back home to MI for two months and was able to refrain from gaining. I am back on track now and hope to lose some real weight. I have type 2 diabetes and other health issues, so weight loss is hard for me. I applaud you who have lost the weight. I will continue to try to lose weight. I wish you all the best and hope you find your "way" to succeed. : )

"
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I have been on mfp for most of the summer. I have only lost 1.8 lbs, but am grateful to have a loss instead of a gain. I went back home to MI for two months and was able to refrain from gaining. I am back on track now and hope to lose some real weight. I have type 2 diabetes and other health issues, so weight loss is hard for me. I applaud you who have lost the weight. I will continue to try to lose weight. I wish you all the best and hope you find your "way" to succeed. : )

"

You are amazing, just keep up the work. Your day will come. Hugs, Nanna
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well it's risky but you might try eating alot for one day. Sometimes it works for me to do about 2000 calories for one day but you will have to reign it in so it doesn't become a habit. Let me know how it goes. I gained 10 pounds over the last 6 weeks but have lost all but 4 of it but it was a struggle getting out of the habit of eating out and at night.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When I stall it usually works for me to do a week or so of phase one of South Beach. But I don't like to do that in the summer--I love all the fresh fruit too much.
  • love2timeshare
    love2timeshare Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to fitness pal, hi everyone. I have tried this several times before and always stopped keeping track when the scale went back up to where it started after a week or two...that is VERY discouraging. Enough to make me quit. This time i have joined a few groups and i am hoping to get some "friends" to keep each other motivated! Good luck to everyone!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am new at losing weight, really, have only dabbled at it in the past (never had to worry about it til i got older and had heart problems which limit how much activity i can tolerate)
    BUT,
    i used to drink liquids only for one (1) day, lower calories liquids of course!

and then resume a low calorie food again, *seemed* to help me.
  • love2timeshare
    love2timeshare Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are there any senior ladies out there around 60 who would like to be "friends" to support each other? i am new to this, and i dont really know how to do that on this site. But i do know i could use the support and would be glad to give some. Only have about 10 lbs to lose. Thanks@!
  • tlgkc
    tlgkc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My doctor say a pound a week is plenty (I'm 62). Sounds like you're doing fine :)