So thankful to have BMF

I have had my BMF for a little over a week now. Thank God I got it! My average daily burn over the last week was around 2100. I was trying to eat up to 2500 calories. Looks like my 15% cut will be almost 1800 and I am starting that today since I ate at 2100 for 5 weeks, tried up to 2500 for almost 3 weeks before getting the BMF. I would have to guess that my activity level was not as high as predicted and I have been OVEReating now for a little over two months!

It is going to be a challenge to get back down to 1800. Hard to believe I used to have a hard time just eating that much. :tongue: It is good to have better numbers and really know where I stand.

For those of you who are struggling to get the numbers right, I would highly suggest you get one of these or a FitBit if at all possible. This one was used when I got it and I paid less than 1/2 price, but it is worth every penny.

Here is to a new start on getting my old self back.:drinker:

Replies

• maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    I agree, these are amazing tools. I am so happy that I broke down and shelled out the cash for a Body Media Fit. It has taken so much of the guesswork out of the equation! I feel so much more in control now. :happy:
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Do you use your daily number to know how many cals to eat ? Or weekly average ? I have one so I'm always interested in what everyone else does.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    How much was it?
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    I use my weekly average but I have been tempted to use my daily :) What do you do?

Amen, I LOVE my BMF...now if it would just sync with my other love MFP :) I heard fit bit does but the sync technology has gotten a few bad reviews
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    After having my FitBit for a few days, I feel the same way. It is interesting to see the difference between a slow or busy day at work interms of steps taken and calories burned. And I think I may need to lower my intake a but but I need to see what happens on my active days first. So far I have only used it on work days which are generally less active for me. I do feel good about the fact that I have a 2 year old and my sleep efficiency is still 98%. Lol.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I have had my BMF for a little over a week now. Thank God I got it! My average daily burn over the last week was around 2100. I was trying to eat up to 2500 calories. Looks like my 15% cut will be almost 1800 and I am starting that today since I ate at 2100 for 5 weeks, tried up to 2500 for almost 3 weeks before getting the BMF. I would have to guess that my activity level was not as high as predicted and I have been OVEReating now for a little over two months!

It is going to be a challenge to get back down to 1800. Hard to believe I used to have a hard time just eating that much. :tongue: It is good to have better numbers and really know where I stand.

For those of you who are struggling to get the numbers right, I would highly suggest you get one of these or a FitBit if at all possible. This one was used when I got it and I paid less than 1/2 price, but it is worth every penny.

Here is to a new start on getting my old self back.:drinker:

This is actually a good thing! now you have done a mini reset without knowing it! I think your body should respond well to the cut now.
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    @ Debbie & Crystal...I waited until I had a week's worth of readings and then averaged them for my TDEE. I will probably do that every week until I can do a month average. Unless things change, I think a monthly average should work for me.
    @aMonkey...I got it on ebay for $65 shipped! I was ecstatic!
    @ Meggy...I also love the sleep monitor thing. Sometimes I am surprised that I was awake like I was at night. Sometimes I know I am awake so the wide bars in my sleep are no surprise. Congrats on your 98% with a little one! I feel lucky to get 92+
    @Heidi...I know, right? What a stroke of luck :smile: I have gained 6 pounds on this journey and nothing fits any more, but now maybe I am on the right track. Time to see positive changes!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I honestly think my BMF has been my best purchase EVER in terms of my weight loss journey! My TDEE was actually higher than I was given from Fit2Fat Radio and the Scooby site so I was still seriously undereating, which was causing me to stall in my weight loss. As soon as I increased my calories, the weight began to come off again.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Not heard of a BMF what is it? Sounds great and good to get something worked out just for you. #offtogoogle#
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Thanks for sharing, did you buy it used or new for that price?

Thanks
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    I have one of those on my wishlist! Glad it helped you figure out your TDEE more accurately :)
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    @ Georgiegirl. BMF is the acronym for BodyMedia Fit. It has been a great tool to get my numbers on track.
    @ Rubybeach. I got it used on E-Bay.
    Thanks Candice. It was on my wish list for a while as well. I kept looking through Craigslist and finally found this one on E-Bay so I jumped on it. I just had to know what the accurate numbers are.
    Twinmom...the calculators had my TDEE too high, so it was no wonder I was gaining weight, but like Heidi said, I got in a reset and didn't even know it. :wink: