Do I have to do the reset?

amonkey794
amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
How absolutely neccissary is the reset? Im looking to maintain and I was thinking more along the lines of increasing more at a slower pace. It seems (at least the way I understood the stickie) that the reset really prepares the body for the cut. I'm not looking to cut and I also don't have any money to invest in any device that tracks TDEE, so all I have to go off of is website estimates which can vary (as does my activity level) and I would rather do trial and error with the smallest degree of error by slowly building up my caloric intake :) I have an idea that I'm set to maintain anywhere between 1800-2000.

Am I the only one like this? I'm new, so I guess I can always be wrong. I'm always open for advice &/or friends in the same boat :)

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    How absolutely neccissary is the reset? Im looking to maintain and I was thinking more along the lines of increasing more at a slower pace. It seems (at least the way I understood the stickie) that the reset really prepares the body for the cut. I'm not looking to cut and I also don't have any money to invest in any device that tracks TDEE, so all I have to go off of is website estimates which can vary (as does my activity level) and I would rather do trial and error with the smallest degree of error by slowly building up my caloric intake :) I have an idea that I'm set to maintain anywhere between 1800-2000.

Am I the only one like this? I'm new, so I guess I can always be wrong. I'm always open for advice &/or friends in the same boat :)

Doing a reset is eating at maintenance, so if you are looking to maintain then you should eat your full TDEE. Did you use an online calculator to find your TDEE?
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Several and they all vary. Do I have to up it all at once, though, or can I ease into the raised caloric intake?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Several and they all vary. Do I have to up it all at once, though, or can I ease into the raised caloric intake?

You can definitely ease into raising your calories...Maybe by 100 calories each week just to let your body get used to the adjustment each week...

Also, maybe you should use the scooby site to get your numbers...It seems to be pretty accurate for most of us:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I hope this helps you out...:happy: