My Gym Experience Yesterday

Options
MotherGoddess
MotherGoddess Posts: 49 Member
Just sharing a story here. I'm lifting real weights in a real gym now. It's so much better then what I was working with at home. The gym at my YMCA is really small though, but not too busy and I don't have any trouble getting the equipment I need. Today the only other guy in the weight corner was a rather overweight young man probably in his late teens (I'm horrible at guessing age, but he was much younger than me) on the bench press. I'm loading weights on to the bar at the squat rack, and hear a grunt and then, "uh, excuse me". I turn and find the poor soul with half his barbell racked, and the other half resting heavily on his face. I quickly help him rack his weights, he seemed uninjured so I go back to my squats. I finish my set and rack my weights only to hear more sounds of distress. I turn again to find him in the exact same position. Dude, if you couldn't finish the first set, what on earth made you think a second set was a good idea?

Replies

• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    HEE. Sounds like definitely late teens. Poor baby. At least he had you there to rescue him from himself.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Dumb