I am new, confused and need helps for answer :(

splashblob
splashblob Posts: 249 Member
Hi all, I'm new here to this group and to MFP community. I am not even sure I am belong to this group or not because I am not planning to lose any more weight but to maintain or increase my weight a bit but because this past 3-4 months, I have been eating 800-900 cal per day. Now I'm scared if I eat more to increase my weight, my weight will increase too much.

A little background about myself. Last year, at the end of the year around October/November or so I was weight 68.7kg and I start seriously try to lose my weight here at MFP since January this year. At first, I was lower my calories according to what MFP calculated for me. Then 3-4 months later because I was reaching my goal weight, my weight stalled and I got scared so I reduced my calories intake to 800-900 calories per day with around 1000 cal per a couple of month and now i am adding more cheat day per week.

My question is

- Since I ate 800-900 cal for 3-4+ months now, I need to reset my metabolism right? Cheat day doesn't count for people who eat 800-900cal ?

- How long will the weight gain last after we increase the calories intake to reset metabolism system? Answers from someone with the same experienced like me would be much appreciated.

- How much is the weight we are going to gain back first? So that I can prepare my mind for this. Is it going to be only a few kilogram? 10+ kilogram or more than the old weight? I have heard a horror stories of people who gain more than they used to weight before trying to lose weight. that is what I'm scared of. Again, Answers from someone with the same experienced like me would be much appreciated.

- When we reset the metabolism by upping calories in take, should I do it slow or just up to the certain TDEE range right away?

- If we should do it slow, how many calories should I increase, and how often?

My stats:

Sex: Female
Height: 163.5 cm
Weight: 46.4 kg

Old weight before I start seriously losing weight: 68.7kg

Goal : Increase my weight for a few kilograms

Any advice would be much appreciated for this, because I am now very confused on what should I do next?

BTW....This is my 2nd account since I have family and friends join this sites and they don't know my problem is. They thought I'm still weight at 51-52 kg, which is an exceptional weight for them. My mom wants me to weight the same though. :(

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Hey! I'm sorry I can't give you any help, but I can say we have similar goals! I too am only looking to maintain, so I was hoping to just slowly build up calories (thinking is will prevent/lessen weight gain/bloat). I jut joined so I haven't quite figured out the proper approach/method. I think I will go ahead and increase gradually, but as to how gradual I don't know. I ate very lo calore (at times, I still do) and I really want to help my body out now, but I'm terrified of the initial response.

Like I said. I have no advice, but you can friend me if you like. :)

Good Luck!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!
    It seems you have been on such low calories for quite a bit.
    So if you in increase your calories you sure have to expect some weight gain.

Your body is currently working in hunger mode. That means he thinks a famine is going on, and will store every morsel you put in. If you really are planning that you want to eat at maintenance you need to reset your metabolism.

If you jump straight to TDEE or increase slowly is entirely up to you. Either way will work. For some it is easier to do it slowly, I personally jumped first straight to cut, but realized soon, that I needed a reset, so I upped after two weeks again to TDEE.

There is no such thing as a typical amount of weight to be gained, cause everybody is different. Some gain just a few lbs, others gain more. I can't give you a number. Your body needs to learn to trust you again, that you will feed it properly. For that you will have to be consistent in your calorie intake.

I think a big challenge for most of us was/is the mental hurdle. It can be challenging at times, but it is doable.
    Read through all the stickies in what to expect. When you are mentally prepared I think it is easier to deal with things, as to just jumping into it.

This is not a quick fix-it takes some time, but it is for the long haul and a healthy body as well as a good relationship to food.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks for both of the reply. :) I have finally manage to read all the stickies and they did answer my questions. So I guess I will try to slowly upping my cal for now and maybe later I might go straight eating to my TDEE when I'm close to reset my metabolism. Will it work if I do that? Anyway, I'm still try to figure out how many calories I should be increase per week exactly though. At first I think it should be 50 kcal per week then last night I found a measurement tape and manage to find my body fat from Fat2fit sites and my TDEE is now in a higher range than I have knew before-between 1510-1512 TDEE. :noway: