Having a hard time feeling full/satisfied

semira6
semira6 Posts: 36 Member
I'm worried my weight loss journey has messed with my head. I lost 42 lbs in the spring in time for a hawaiian vacation where I happily gained five pounds. I have been trying to get back down to my pre-vacation weight for over a month and a half now. Not only have I not succeeded, but I've gained weight. I cannot seem to control myself around food anymore. I eat a reasonable amount for breakfast and want to continue eating until I get that "full/satisfied" feeling instead of just fueling my body for the day.

This worries me because before this lifestyle change I really didn't care about food. I liked looking at it more than eating it and would have been perfectly happy eating through a feeding tube for the rest of my life. Now, it's all I think about. This kind of makes sense since I've been counting every calorie for 200 days and finally reached my life long goal weight, but now all I think about is what I can eat next -- even while currently eating. Needless to say, this thinking and behavior has led to several binges. I just don't know what to do. It is also possible that this is a form of self-sabotage (I have done similar things in the past in other aspects of my life) since I reached my goal, lost it and am scared I will not be able to reach it again or maintain this lifestyle. My willpower is gone. My hope is dwindling and I just don't know what to do. I

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    What kind of exercise do you do? How many calories do you eat? You're diary is not public so I can't comment on that. Are you interested in EM2WL? You should know that you may gain a little at first but it evens out and then starts to drop off.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Hi there, without seeing your diary I would suggest eating more protein...1 gram per pound of body weight. Since I increased my protein I am no longer feeling snacky and out of control .
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Can you give us some more info about your exercise
    routine, your stats and maybe you could open your diary so we are able to help you out.