Natural acne products?

StephieWillcox
StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
Hi all,

I'm 26 and still get lots of breakouts on my face and my back (not like a million spots, more like 10 bad spots at a time, plus scarring). I have tried all the harsh chemical solutions (proactive etc) but they don't work and I worry about the unknown damage they are doing.

So as part of clean living I am trying to move towards natural products and I use the "simple" range of products which are pretty natural, but are not helping my spot situation!

So I am after any advice of what to use!! I have tried tea tree oil, but I'm thinking that this might be my best bet?

Cheers all :)

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!

I don't have acne per se, but I do/did get spots now and again.

Since I started to use Argan oil as only cream/moisterizer it has gotten a lot better.

Argan oil comes from the Argan tree, and the only place in the world they grow is Morocco.

Google it and see what it does. It also works great on hair if you have dry ends.

I can only recommend it. And it is not expensive either compared to chemical creams etc. I truly love it. If you get it, just make sure it is the one for cosmetic use, cause there is one for eating too, but then the argan nuts are roasted, and it has an intense smell. The all natural option does not smell. Serach for organic
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Ooh looks great! Thank you! I will search some out from a good source!!

I just want my skin to reflect my healthier body!
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    I recently started using this method: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

I also use tea tree oil to treat painful acne cysts. I've tried everything chemical as well and turned to this as a last resort. I feel like it is finally stating to work after about a month. I'm in my 30's and still getting acne which is just disheartening at times! Good luck, I hope whatever you end up trying works for you!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    external

- moisturizing twice a day with coconut oil
    - cleaning with Olay Pro-X advanced cleaning system (but just with water, not their cleanser)
    - aloe & tea tree oil

internal

- manuka honey
    - mastic gum
    - probiotics
    - hcl

eliminate dietary triggers - milk, dairy, chocolate, too much fruit, etc.