Insanity fit test 4

Options
Shoogle83
Shoogle83 Posts: 22 Member
Hi everyone,
I have just done fit test 4 of the insanity programme and have failed to improve in a couple of the exercises, in fact I have gone a little backwards in some.
I'm just wondering if this happened with anyone else?
Switch kicks. 120/124
Power jacks. 57/58
Power jumps. 31/31
Globe jumps. 11/10 - 1 less
Suicide jumps. 19/17 - 2 less
Push up jacks. 38/40
Low plank oblique. 65/65

Replies

• Spanntastic12
    Options
    I mainly stayed the same in a few exercises from the previous go round. I would start out great but then kinda diminish. If I was close to my previous number I would push really hard in the last 10 seconds to get back to that number. But I've heard this has happened for lots of people...your legs are sore from a weeks worth of workouts and the single off day affords some relief but not all that much for your tired muscles.
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm also finding this, but realised my form is SOO much better than the first time I did it. Really doing the work properly takes much more effort. You might not think you're getting better, but I bet you're working it harder.
  • laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Went backwards on Switch Kicks but improved on rest although not massively

Test 1 Test 2 Test 3

Switch Kicks 116 112 116

Power Jacks 49 52 55

Power Knees 91 93 98

Power Jumps 34 38 41

Globe Jumps 8.5 11 12

Suicide Jumps 19 19 21

Push Up Jacks 20 27 29

Low Plank Obique 48 57 64
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Are you all counting switch kicks with each leg being one rep or both legs being one? I see people saying numbers like 150 or so and just wondered. I've counted both legs as one.
  • LD1996
    LD1996 Posts: 13
    Options
    Are you all counting switch kicks with each leg being one rep or both legs being one? I see people saying numbers like 150 or so and just wondered. I've counted both legs as one.
    I had the same question. The chart says to count 2 kicks as one rep, so that's what I've been doing.
  • Shoogle83
    Shoogle83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the chart again, right enough it does say 2 kicks are 1 rep.
    I have been counting each kick.
    I agree about the form comment I think I am more precise with the movements now, it certainly doesn't get any easier though.
    I always thought it was better to not look at previous scores and just see where you get to, but now I think if I had known I was close in the exercises I went backwards in I might have pushed that little bit harder.
    Anyway, max interval circuit tonight, wish me luck.
  • LD1996
    LD1996 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just looked at the chart again, right enough it does say 2 kicks are 1 rep.
    I have been counting each kick.
    I agree about the form comment I think I am more precise with the movements now, it certainly doesn't get any easier though.
    I always thought it was better to not look at previous scores and just see where you get to, but now I think if I had known I was close in the exercises I went backwards in I might have pushed that little bit harder.
    Anyway, max interval circuit tonight, wish me luck.
    I usually peek at my stats from the previous fit tests and will admit that it does motivate me to push harder. Good luck with Max Interval Circuit tonight! Today is my Max Recovery day!
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Tomorrow (later tonight actually since it's after midnight) it's my final fit test. I hope I can see improvement again.