how do you win?

Options

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

I don't have nearly enough confidence to do that ......

Stop worrying about what other people think and find that confidence. Just do it! Do I make an *kitten* out of myself occasionally? Probably. Do I care? Never. Do I have a fun life? Always!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

Stop worrying about what other people think and find that confidence. Just do it! Do I make an *kitten* out of myself occasionally? Probably. Do I care? Never. Do I have a fun life? Always!

Wish I could have that attitude...always striving for it.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

PRACTICE IT. When you walk in a room, hold your head high and walk in like you own the place. Never walk with your head down. Smile. A LOT. You are a very pretty young lady. No fear. When you stop worrying about what guys think and start just having fun, you won't have to worry about what guys think anymore. :wink:
  • christine24t
    Options

PRACTICE IT. When you walk in a room, hold your head high and walk in like you own the place. Never walk with your head down. Smile. A LOT. You are a very pretty young lady. No fear. When you stop worrying about what guys think and start just having fun, you won't have to worry about what guys think anymore. :wink:

I already do all of that. :) But thanks for your advice it is appreciated!

Sometimes in public places, I look at people and try to smile - the majority of people walk with their head down. It is so interesting. Maybe 1 out of 10 people will look at you. Try it sometime!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Sometimes in public places, I look at people and try to smile - the majority of people walk with their head down. It is so interesting. Maybe 1 out of 10 people will look at you. Try it sometime!

hmmm.... Where do you live?

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I would say more than half of the people here look at you and smile, some even speak. Maybe not in the grocery store always, but yeah... there, too, sometimes... Heck, we even wave at you if you're driving down the road. Especially out here in the country.
  • christine24t
    Options

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I would say more than half of the people here look at you and smile, some even speak. Maybe not in the grocery store always, but yeah... there, too, sometimes... Heck, we even wave at you if you're driving down the road. Especially out here in the country.

That is good!
    I live in the Midwest which is very weird. Back where I went to school, everyone was friendly and would wave to people driving but in the bigger cities not so much.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    but if I did (dance with him), it makes me seem easy like I'll dance with any random guy I meet at the bar, and that I might not be great dating material.

I dont understand. Is "dance with" a euphemism for bang?
  • christine24t
    Options
    but if I did (dance with him), it makes me seem easy like I'll dance with any random guy I meet at the bar, and that I might not be great dating material.

When I say dance I mean like dirty dancing not ballroom dancing lol
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking this!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Just dance with the man...its not like you're doing something super intimate. Just dance.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Youre supposed to dance with more than one person. If you dance with the same person all night, they assume its your boyfriend.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

That is good!
    I live in the Midwest which is very weird. Back where I went to school, everyone was friendly and would wave to people driving but in the bigger cities not so much.

You don't happen to live in metro Detroit, do you? That sounds like people around here. I think I'd fit in a lot better down south in Darla's neighborhood.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Did you dance with him?

If it was me, and I saw a cute guy, and he wanted to dance with me, girl, I'd get my boogie on!!!!

Yes I did, and it was so much fun but the whole time I was thinking, "does this make a good impression on a guy?"

Wtf? You know, life is for the living. Making a few mistakes now and then just means you're out there doing your best, giving it a shot. You're waaaaaay over thinking this. In fact, I'm starting to think writing about your encounters here (or, rather, un-encounters) has become a fetish of some sorts for you. Meet guy. Agonize. Do nothing. Post. Repeat.

Just like some dieters have cheat days, I think you need a cheat day, too. But where you dress up uber sexy, head to the nearest meat market bar, and just get down to bizness, if you know what I mean. The next day, pretend it didn't happen.

Trust me. Just try it for a few weeks and report back. Good luck.

--P
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options

That is good!

I live in the Midwest too and never worried about the impression I was giving off by dancing with someone. Taking them home after said dance, maybe, but just a dance? No way. It's fun. Everyone does it. What's there to think bad about?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Wait. I'm confused. Is footloose real?

By chance, was the guy you danced with Patrick Swayze? He likes dirty dancing so you should be fine. (too soon?)

My advice is to chill out yo. Like posters above me have said, if this is the sort of thing that leaves you agonizing all day (and yes, thinking about something like this all day to the point where you ask for advice is agonizing), then you're concerned with all the wrong things. Be you, and if he doesn't like it then pshaw, the next one might be.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    No, you're definitely right in over thinking this one. If I had a dollar for every girl who let me dance with them right before I kicked them to the curb, I would have like $17. That's a lot of dollars and a lot of girls who made a bad impression.

What you should have done is thrown your drink in his face. Not with your left hand, though, or he might assume you were a homosexual and using him to help win votes in the heterosexual community. I am assuming you are running for office.

Also, it should probably be a dark beverage. If you threw something milky or clear, he would assume you are a racist and invite you to his next Klan meeting. If you went to the meeting, of course, he would assume your were too easy and also dump you.

Don't refill your next drink with the same order, though. This of course gives the impression that you are an alcoholic and your body has adjusted to a very specific alcohol intake.

I would have thought this to be common knowledge.

PMSL!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    So apparently we should apply the three date rule to each aspect of dating?

1st date = a hug
    2nd date = a kiss
    3rd date = let 'er rip

1st date = listen to music in a place that has a dance floor
    2nd date = add a toe tap/seat dance while the music is playing
    3rd date = Boggie!

Wait, let what rip? Flatulence?!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I kind of feel like I just got transported to Little House on the Prairie or something. Who fracking cares what some random guy thinks about your reputation?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sometimes dancing is just dancing. I don't usually go out to find a guy I go out to have a good time. If a guy wants to have a good time with me by dancing then he is in luck. If at the end of the night we have eachother's numbers it is a bonus but that doesn't even mean one of us will call the other one.

Stop over thinking what people will think of you and just do what you want to do (as long as no one gets hurt).