Have I complained about foot cramps lately??

Options
2»

Replies

• professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I get both foot and hand cramps. They are terrible. I do have a liver problem and one neurologist thought that might be sending things out of whack (a technical term :)), but he really wasn't sure. He suggested magnesium supplements and I rarely get them anymore! I was amazed at how well this worked. I was miserable with these cramps and they were severe and frequent. Be sure to get your magnesium tested once in a while if you try this, though, to make sure you aren't over-doing it.

I am taking 500mg twice a day and will have a test in January to make sure I am not getting too much. I feel much better, though, and it has helped my chronic constipation a bit as well.

Although, it sounds like yours went away (yay). Still, for future reference in case they return or for anyone else who gets them. :smile:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I get both foot and hand cramps. They are terrible. I do have a liver problem and one neurologist thought that might be sending things out of whack (a technical term :)), but he really wasn't sure. He suggested magnesium supplements and I rarely get them anymore! I was amazed at how well this worked. I was miserable with these cramps and they were severe and frequent. Be sure to get your magnesium tested once in a while if you try this, though, to make sure you aren't over-doing it.

I am taking 500mg twice a day and will have a test in January to make sure I am not getting too much. I feel much better, though, and it has helped my chronic constipation a bit as well.

Although, it sounds like yours went away (yay). Still, for future reference in case they return or for anyone else who gets them. :smile: