Anyone skip the ab routines?

Options
MichelleRenee13
MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
I have MAJOR neck issues and don't and won't do traditional ab work.

I do planks and leg raises as ab work.

Anyone else not to the ab routines? I wonder if it is going to slow down results.

Replies

• carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did the abs during the burn phase, but no more now (half way through push), I skip it along with the yoga segment. I figure my abs get enough of a workout doing cardio workouts.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I did. My back burns when I do floor work so I prefer alternate ab work. Still didn't do much of it though. :happy:
  • arlissa1
    Options
    I use the hip hop abs in place of the abs on the schedule because i dont like doing the exercises on the floor. Ab Sculpt is 23 min long and a very fun workout.
  • rjt323
    rjt323 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my second round of CLX and I've started mixing in pilates instead of the abs workouts. I've found, over the years, that my mid-section feels much better (and flatter) when I do pilates than when i do abs.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I do the Ab work on my own using a swiss ball. And I also do planks and other exercises. For some reason, I just don't like the ab program that comes with the CLX program.

It hasn't seemed to slow down my progress at all. I think as long as you're doing some kind of core work, you're good!