Help with figuring out correct TDEE and calories!?!

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around the group for awhile, My name is Ashley, and I am 25. My stats are as follows:

CW: 208.2
BMR: ~1700
TDEE (little to no exercise): ~2100
TDEE (ex 3-5 times a week):~2700

I workout 5 days a week (at least) and burn minimum of 500 calories doing a mix of elliptical, treadmill, bike, and weights. (I generally only track calories on cardio, and then any from weights are just "extra." On days when I am really "feeling it" I can burn up to 1,000 doing cardio. I use a Polar ft4 HRM, so I think I have a relatively accurate estimate of calories burned.

A few questions:
Which TDEE number should I be using? I've been using the lower one and my weightloss has slowed to about .5 lbs a week. I am ok with this, but I wonder if it would go up it I started using the higher number? Also, do I ever need to track my exercise calories? What if I workout 7 days in a row? And would I ever need to eat any extra calories (like, if one day I burned 1,000)?

I know that the key to this working is consistency with your calories, so I want to make sure I am doing it right.

All your help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• astunningimpact
    astunningimpact Posts: 27 Member
    I also wanted to say I cannot make any of the videos work on my computer, otherwise I would have just watched those.