Welcome!!! Share a bit about you!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Laura and I am happy to be here! I live my life to the fullest becuase we just never know if there will be tomorrow!

I love to dance and will be working towards getting my Zumba license before the end of year!! I love to dance all kinds of music but my favorite kind is Latin cumbia, salsa and Zamba!! the more you shake the more you lose!!!

Look forward to making some great friends and support each other as we battle agains the pounds that somehow makes us unhappy. Remember..just keep moving!!!

:wink:

Replies

• PearonaPair
    Options
    Hi Laura...I just started here Saturday. I have about 15lbs that I would like to just go away. My husband bought me Zumba for WII last March. The box is open but never used...SHOCKING!!!! I don't know how to Zumba but think I'm bout to learn. Hope you're patient ;-). Gonna plug it in right after my housework. Let you know how I did...if still alive
  • Morenita1976
    Options
    Hello there!!!

Once you start playing that "game" you would NOT want to put it down!!! You will love it!!! I have the Zumba Fitness dvd set and let me tell you..it gets you moving!!! Good luck!!! You WILL survive chica!!!
  • connette51
    connette51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Connette and I'm 61 years old and love to Zumba. For my first 5 lb goal, I rewarded myself with Zumba 2 for WII! Love it
    more than the Zumba for WII! Lots more choices, dance games to challenge yourself and better graphics. I've been a dance instructor for Line Dancing for Seniors in the past. I have certificates for attending classes in Ballroom, International Dance, Square Dance, Belly Dance, and love all dances except Ballet and Tap!
  • Morenita1976
    Options
    Hi Connette! Welcome!! how awesome is that!! I love Line Dancing!!! In fact, In October I will be celebrating my bday at a country bar so that all my friends and I can do some line dancing LOL.

Keep it up and thank you for joining us!!!
  • mwilliams2959
    Options
    I am a mother of two and a stay at home wife. I need tips on losing a few pounds. I do like to dance but cant find a Zumba class in my area.
  • Morenita1976
    Options
    Have you tried the dvd's from Zumba fitness? you get 7 dvds and believe me it is worth the price. Or maybe even the Wii or Xbox?

Or another idea is go on you tube and believe me you will find lots of Zumba videos on there you can follow! turn the speakers out loud and get dancing :)

I am a mother of two and a stay at home wife. I need tips on losing a few pounds. I do like to dance but cant find a Zumba class in my area.
    [/quote]
  • Mznickimac
    Mznickimac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello... I am a residential counselor and stay busy working. I barely have time to get out and exercise the way I should and the way I want to... I invested in an X-Box Kinect and love the fitness games on there. I just recently purchased Zumba game for the Kinect because I've heard so much talk about it. And let me tell you I really get into the workout and burn lots of calories! It is so much fun! Plus I can work out at home without rushing after work to get to a gym class! And because I can't dance, I don't have to worry about embarrassing myself at the gym in front of others! :) Glad to be apart of this group!
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Hi Laura. I was born in Mexico and raised in San Diego California. I bought Zumba Exhilarate DVDs and I love it! The workouts are addictive and fun! :))
  • RebornToHealth
    Options
    Hi Laura,

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am new to this site. I just joined a few days ago but started my lifestyle change two weeks ago, and have lost 16.4 pounds since undertaking this venture. I also joined my local neighborhood gym which offers Zumba classes everyday, except Sunday. I have gone to all the class except yesterday because of another obligation. I must say it is a lot of fun, and boy do I sweat. If I keep this up, I will be to my goal in no time. I went to class tonight and the instruction was terrific! He worked our butts off, I'm sure. He was so energetic and fun! I can't wait until he teaches again, not to mention, he wasn't hard on the eyes either! :smile:

I hope you got your Zumba license because it's a great class to teach, and a lot of fun to be with other enthusiast. I will share more about myself at another time, but I was so psyched I had to say something about the class tonight. It's late here and I do have work tomorrow. Have a wonderful night, everyone!