Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"Natural" look??

13»

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    I love you guys - this entire thread made me happy....

Here's a true story:

I was the working part of my last marriage... Ex was a stay-at-home dad. I had a long commute and worked long hours with usually a run & shower at lunch time.

I'd get home and he'd get pissed if I wasn't wearing make-up. He say stuff like -- I'd put it on when I go to work to look good for my co-workers but when I came home at night I look worn out and why didn't I just take the time to put it back on before I came home? Why did he always get me ugly and the rest of the world got me cute? I got to the point where I didn't want the fight so I'd stop at a restroom somewhere before I got home and to reapply. I hate makeup... rarely wear it, but I'd have to put it on for my ex.

This is just one more reason he's an ex. LOL

You men ROCK! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Yes, Flam... I'm being cheesy... but it warms my heart :heart: to hear these kinds of things!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'd get home and he'd get pissed if I wasn't wearing make-up. He say stuff like -- I'd put it on when I go to work to look good for my co-workers but when I came home at night I look worn out and why didn't I just take the time to put it back on before I came home? Why did he always get me ugly and the rest of the world got me cute? I got to the point where I didn't want the fight so I'd stop at a restroom somewhere before I got home and to reapply. I hate makeup... rarely wear it, but I'd have to put it on for my ex.

It saddens me that you were with a tosser like that!! :angry: You couldnt look ugly if you dragged yourself through a bush backwards during a tornado!! :flowerforyou:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    You men ROCK! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Yes, Flam... I'm being cheesy... but it warms my heart :heart: to hear these kinds of things!
    Well, as long as I get some cheese...

As far as this topic is concerned, I think I like extreme make up, make up, light make up or natural. So everything. That means I don't hate or prefer any.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    And i do beleive that most men find women at their most attractive when their hair is a curly blob/mess,their make up is wiped off, face glowing, all smiles, from the throws of passion!! :love:

So yeah, at their most natural :flowerforyou:

Three seconds before we fall asleep you mean then. :smile:

J/K:laugh:

you wouldnt want to sleep for one second with me around Carl! :wink: :smokin:

Touche and rawrrr
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    The basic point is that a decent (can`t say nice,that is bad :ohwell: ) guy will really like you for who you are.
    It won`t matter if you just got done swimming for a couple hours or are trying to fancy up for an evening out.
    The guy that told Shel what he did is a loser and an *kitten*,end of story.

Take it at that ladies and don`t think much more about it.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Carl, a lot of men will think a woman has no makeup on when she actually does. My definition of no makeup is just that -- no makeup. However, a man could think I'm not wearing makeup when I'm just wearing a light foundation or something.

This ^

When I wear no make up, I get no comments, looks, or even glances. I also sometimes get told that other things (my hair being done a certain way, a color of eye shadow, etc) would look nice on me - almost like a cough/hint.

When I wear light/natural looking make up and fix up my hair a bit I will get attention, looks, and some compliments. And when I wear a bit more make up and do my hair, I still get more compliments than without.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this, you deserve much more than someone who judges so easily on trivial things... especially since you are so beautiful!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I stopped relaxing my hair and use more natural products. A lot of men of my race don't like it but I figure if they are going to try and put the white standard of beauty on me, I don't want anything to do with them.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    My hair turns into a fluffcurtain if I don't blowdry and straighten it, so feel lucky that your hair looks nice in its natural state! Lol

Yeah I'm happy for you, but my hair never gets complimented when it's curly. ALSO, I don't think I've ever been complimented on my appearance when I wasn't wearing makeup either.

Not saying guys don't like the natural look... but they certainly don't like my curly-q and scarred up face look.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this, you deserve much more than someone who judges so easily on trivial things... especially since you are so beautiful!

I wonder how people would feel if Daisy wasn't so good looking?

I know I'll get jumped for this, but when my marriage was falling apart one of the first books I read looking for advice pointed out that for MOST of us, our "best selves" goes to the people at work. We dress nice, put on nice makeup, and are pleasant all day long. When we come home, we are tired from putting up that front with people we can't stand so we're snippy and selfish (especially if we have to come home to a "2nd full time job" while our spouse sits around so throw in resentment too).

We can't wait to get home, change into our comfy clothes, take off the digging bra, wash off the warpaint, take out the contacts.

So our spouse, who used to always see us dressed to the nines trying to impress him/her now sees the very worst side of us all night long. And chances are, even if s/he is complaining about our appearance s/he is often doing the same thing.

I can't remember what book that was, but I suspect that many marriages would be happier if people would take time out to decompress and get dressed nice/keep our makeup on for our spouses.

I am not saying Daisy's ex was right to be mean to her about this... but I *am* saying I think his point is valid.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    My brother says he hates when girls don't wear makeup and don't wear stylish clothes. He was engaged to a girl for a short time and he said the things that bothered him about her was she didn't wear makeup and shopped at Target for her clothes.

Then why did he date her so long enough to be engaged? Did she pretend to like makeup in the beginning and high fashion too? I'm not saying he's weird or anything, but I don't think she went from being fashion forward to shopping at Target. Where was the change?

I love Target's clothes. Doesn't mean I'm not fashion forward - in fact, they always have the latest trends at a cheap price so I don't have to drop 100 dollars on colored jeans I'll wear for a year. :) However, I do splurge on classic items.
    Carl, a lot of men will think a woman has no makeup on when she actually does. My definition of no makeup is just that -- no makeup. However, a man could think I'm not wearing makeup when I'm just wearing a light foundation or something.

Seconded.

Normally, I wear foundation, mascara and eye shadow. When I wear "heavy" makeup, I wear foundation, but I add a lot more mascara rather than just one swipe and a thicker application of eye shadow. I like makeup, but I'm not too experienced with it so I just do what I know looks good rather than experiment. I do get more male attention though when I wear my heavier makeup.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 797 Member
    To be honest, there's nothing sexier than a girl who is beautiful without makeup. Afterall, that's ultimately what you're going to waking up to the rest of your life right??

So yeah, there is definite brownie points to the girls who use very little makeup to make themselves appear attractive.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    I can think of a few people I know who would probably be smoking hot if they bothered to wear just a little bit of makeup and dress up a little. I do like the natural look over the too much makeup look. The only time I like a lot of makeup is if they "need" to wear a lot of makeup. But if I feel that way then I shouldn't be dating them.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    I just want to make a bit of a clarification. I'm only speaking of makeup, not clothes. I dress very carefully to flatter my figure, and always look nice. A lot of people seem to lump not wearing a lot of makeup together with dressing down or poorly. As a matter of fact, I really only own one pair of jeans because I prefer to wear skirts/dresses/nice pants.

When I was in Europe I noticed a lot of women didn't spend a lot of time or energy with hair and makeup, but they looked absolutely fabulous! This is more what I'm trying to say -- it's possible to look amazing without a lot of cosmetics.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    In my experience, I'm more likely to get hit on when I'm less "done up".

Make-up is meant to enhance what you already have, not cover it up.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I wear makeup about once a week now (excluding big dressup events which is about 3-4 times a month) and usually only wear mascara and lipgloss. Ive been this way for about 8 years now, since my mid twenties. I feel prettier with my own face on :)

Makeup for major events can be an art form, especially when you get to go crazy, or when you get to show off the perfect cat eye it took you years to get exceptional at.... but definitely feel great in my own face.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    I have to style my hair now, as it's a short pixie cut and needs the products - but other than that, I don't wear any makeup, foundation, nadda :) make up for me is for special occasions - heck, my current beau hasn't even seen me with makeup yet LOL...

Au Naturel is the way to go, imo :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I just want to make a bit of a clarification. I'm only speaking of makeup, not clothes. I dress very carefully to flatter my figure, and always look nice. A lot of people seem to lump not wearing a lot of makeup together with dressing down or poorly. As a matter of fact, I really only own one pair of jeans because I prefer to wear skirts/dresses/nice pants.

When I was in Europe I noticed a lot of women didn't spend a lot of time or energy with hair and makeup, but they looked absolutely fabulous! This is more what I'm trying to say -- it's possible to look amazing without a lot of cosmetics.

I agree. I rarely wear makeup unless I'm going somewhere special, but I do dress well (most of the time -- I have my lazy days). And thankfully, my hair mostly does itself! I was, condition, mousse, pick and let air dry and almost every single day, a complete stranger compliments me on it. And men have always loved my hair. :-)