Introductions!!!

Options
myateam4
myateam4 Posts: 63 Member
Hi Everyone!!! My name is Katie. I am a 31 year old mom of four kids, three boys ages 5,7, 9, and my daughter is my oldest at 11. I have always battled my weight, even in high school I was a size 14. When I got pregnant with my first I weighed 189. After my second I did weight watchers and a very low impact exercise program and got down to 156. Two kids later I was up to 223!! Well then the best thing to happen to me in a long time happened... I got divorced and lost 30lbs!!! The last year has been the best year of my life. Lots of stress being a single mom, court visits and working full time, but so many happy times and getting my life back. One night my boyfriend and I were watching an infomercial on P90X and I said I wish I could do it, thinking it would be way to hard for me, and he says "I have it". So I told him to bring it next time he came over. The next thing I know I was two months in and several inches lost! I decided it was time to move on to my next program, so I chose Turbo Fire and fell completely in love with it!! So as of right now I am going on almost two months of Turbo Fire. When I don't have my kids I actually really like to get out of the house and do some jogging. Beach Body has changed my life, 6 months ago exercise was something I claimed to do enough of, but in reality I hardly ever worked out. I have gained my life back and Love how it makes me feel. I want to continue on my journey and help others along the way.

Replies

• brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Stephanie (31) I did not start struggling with my weight truly till i was a senior in high school. I have been in sports all my life but took a break from them my junior year for drama. Joined the military Fit fit fit ...but still had issues with weight but mostly because of my eating habits. I have yoyoed back and forth between 170-207 the past 10 years gained a tone of weight with pregnancy and could not shake it off. I have been through a lot of emotional drama, disappointments and a broken ankle (Roller Derby) causing more weight gain. I have finally hit my breaking point I know this weight is coming off there is no choice its coming off and as i'm losing this weight I have learned a lot about nutrition and my body ....I also suffer from UC which makes life interesting but it has forced me to pay more attention to what my body needs. Oh I also work at a very well known gym starts with the Y ...I truly have no excuse to not exercise everyday. Excited to join this group
  • TimothyPhoenix
    TimothyPhoenix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Tim, 32 years old, married with three kids, live in PA. I manage a group home for individuals with developmental disabillties.

I have struggled with food and weight for basically my entire life. I was thin until about age 6 or 7. I was the fat kid evryone made fun of in elementary school. When I was 15 I went out for the wrestling team. I lost a lot of weight and got in great shape. I started to get attention from anyone, and especially girls for the first time. I couldn't stop losing weight and developed anorexia.

After about a 6-12 month battle with that I got better. Ultimately I ended up settling in on a good weight and from about 16-22 I was very healthy, active, not overweight, and had a normal relationship with food.

Over the last 10 years I have been up and down several times. My lowest weight during that time was 220 pounds in 2007, and my highest points were 298 in 2006 and 308 in February of this year. I currently weigh 246 pounds.

My goal weight is 190 pounds but for the first time ever my goals are so much more than that.I have been on diets before, lost weight, went off them anfd gained weight. What I have done this time was, isn't, and never will be a diet. I have learned how to have a healthy relationship with food, how to be active and healthy, and I want to continue and never go back to where I hav e been before.

There is obviously so much more to my story, and so much more about my goals and why this time I KNOW it's honestly different but that should paint enough of the picture. Thanks for the kind words, encouragment, and invite Katie, and you look fantastic so keep up the great work.

Tim from PA
  • ariel808
    ariel808 Posts: 3
    Options
    hello im ariel im gonna be 22 this month. ive always struggled with my weight. in january 2011 i was 220lb. at that time i wasnt happy with myself so i decided to loose the weight and i got down to 185 in september but a very close family member past away and i lost the motivation to work out and food was my comfort. just a few days ago i stepped back on the scale and im now 216! ugh this kills me that all my hard work last yr is gone! But i feel that now that i accepted the death of my family member i can move on and continue on my healthier lifestyle and to just learn to LOVE my body. Im just gonna keep telling myself that ive lost the weight once and i can do it again!
  • twiega00
    twiega00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Tricia! I'm 36 and have an awesome 11 year old daughter. I've been struggling with my weight since I can remember. A few years ago I got really serious with working out (p90x, Zumba, Zumba toning), and really enjoyed it and got pretty good results. I just never changed my eating habits like I should have. I've started a journey towards health and wellness, not another diet! I'm on a program of all natural supplements, and I feel awesome now I want to look great too! My struggle is with finding the time to plan meals and snacks and get to the gym! I've been crazy busy lately and the scale is moving in the wrong direction again!!! I decided to start using MFP again to hold myself accountable and easily track my meals, exercise, weight etc...
  • cjbennett2012
    cjbennett2012 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Chris, 28 in a week and joined MFP as gained 30 pounds in weight last year and struggled to keep it off since.
    Want to lose weight for well being, health, confidence & feeling prouder of myself in my relationship with my partner.

Have found it very hard to speak to like minded motivated people on here and would really like to make some new friends that are realistic and can share advice and support with on each of our individual journey's.

Here's to a healthy you!
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Cris - Wiggywompus is nickname my dad gave me. I am in my late 50's sounds better than nearly 60!!! My children are all in their 30's with children of their own.

I used to go to the gym, do classes, swim and walk miles but now I garden and that is about it. Try and go horse riding once a week but even that is not working out at moment. Gosh I sound very negative but I am not I love life, the countryside, animals, family. Keep starting diet and excercise but it does n't last very long. I have joined this because I really want to get back to being fit and healthy and want to share my experiences - highs and lows with others doing the same. I am not a vegetarian but do not eat meat very often prefering fish, veg and pulses all the diets are for meat eaters or replace this with quorn not my idea of food!!!

Maybe set myself some small achievable goals perhaps a few of us together to do. This week I will loose 1lb and do 2 30 minute walks.

Here's to the success of us all
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My name is Sara and I'm 29 years old. I'm an elementary school teacher with extreme special needs kids. I've struggled with my weight all my life (I was the fat kid in school). I had gotten down to 202 lbs two years ago, but then got into a wonderful, comfortable relationship and we both had just gotten lazy when it comes to food. I'm now up to 217.8. Boo.

June 17th I got engaged! :D But now that means its on. I will have to order my wedding dress by the end of this year and my goal is to not have to order a plus sized dress. Not only will it make me feel way better about myself, but it's cheaper too. Heh.

I am a member of a local gym and do Spin classes about three times a week. I'm also doing the C25K program again (did it in 2010 and ended up running a 1/2 marathon that December) and I do a Body Flow class a couple times a week. I'm hoping to add Zumba back in on Monday nights as well.

One of my big goals is to add weights into my workout 3x a week. School starts back tomorrow (eep!) and another goal is to NOT snack throughout the day on crap the kids eat. I'll take my own snacks and stick with them. I also only want to eat out 4x over the course of August, everything else will be home cooked and as little processed food as I can.
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lucy. I'm 29 and been married for almost 7 years (August 20th). We do not have any children but we do have a spoiled Rottweiler mix named Mona Lisa and an orange tabby cat named Queen Elizabeth. I have been overweight and chubby my entire life. As I've gotten older the weight has been put on more. I turned 29 on March 1st and weighed in at 258! That's the heaviest I've ever been. I knew I needed to make a change. Since May I've been going to the gym at least 5 times a week and eating healthier. I've lost 28 pounds so far and I don't plan on stopping until I am considered healthy and I feel good about myself.