August Movers n Shakers

Options

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :heart: Tuesday - (5-4-3-2-1 total body workout) :heart:

5 minute
    - Any cardio you want (walk, run, elliptical, bike)
    - If you are at home do 1 min high knees, 1 min jumping rope (do the motions if you don't have a rope), 1 min jumping jacks, 1 min run in place, 1 min butt kicks

4 minutes
    - 1 min lunges --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2n58m2i4jg
    -1 min mountain climbers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeZM-_VnRc
    Repeat for 4 mins (should be 2 rotations)

3 minutes
    -10 pushups/ rest for 30 seconds (can modify)
    - 15 tricep dips/ rest for 30 seconds - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0326dy_-CzM
    - Repeat for the total 3 mins

2 minutes
    - 30 seconds regular squats
    - 30 seconds jump squats - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZxFZ7sTac
    - 30 seconds regular squats
    - 30 seconds jump squats

1 minute
    --- Plank or sit ups

This should be a total of 15 minutes. Take breaks for water as needed but try to complete the full workout in 30 mins.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Monday check in : exercise complete.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :flowerforyou: REMINDERS :flowerforyou:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday are MILES challenges. When you check in, please report how many miles you did that day.

Tuesday and Thursday are BURN challenges - please report how many calories you burned that day when you check in!

Also, we are coming to the end of the month -
    - If you are participating in the measurements challenge, I will need your measurements by Friday
    - I will need your ending weight on Friday
    - If the challenge continues, I need to know if you would like to stay on my team

Have a wonderful day!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    Burned 536 total today.
    Completed the challenge but it took me 25 minutes counting time to catch my breath. My 5 minute cardio was the kettlebell.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Monday -
    Exercise done - jumping jacks, squats, toe touches and dumbell rows
    3 miles w/Leslie Sansone!

Tuesday -
    Exercises done - 22 mins, jump squats are hard for me...I feel very uncoordinated when I do those!
    Added Just Dance for my extra burn

Have a great Wednesday!
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in: Workout complete and burned 355 calories. Have a great last few days of August!!! :)
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :heart: Wednesday - circut training (24 mins) :heart:

This will workout will have 2 different sets of workouts that we will do for 12 min each.
    How it works: Do all of the exercises in circut for 45 seconds with 15 seconds rest. Repeat circut A two more times. Rest for 1 minute. Do circut B three times.

Circut A
    Push ups
    High knees
    Elbow planks to extended arm plank
    Squats

Circut B
    Mountain climber
    Crunches
    Wall sit
    Fast feet
  • MzNeecie
    Options
    Tuesday check in:

No exercise i was way to tired. had a lazy day and i ate way too much. today is a new day and i will stay on course.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    mondays workout....plank, high knees, crunch, hamstring in and out ......also rode my bike for 14.5 miles
    tuesday didnt do the workout but i did ride my bike for 70 mins did gardening and strength training burned 1013 calories, it was a good day I havent had a calorie burn like that in a long time
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Wednesday:
    I did 9.6 miles on the recumbant bike at the gym and 2.2 miles on the real bike tonight. Hubby and I went for a ride. If my math is correct that will count as 5.9 miles today. I am not going to attempt the workout tonight because I am too tired and weak. I will wait and see what tomorrow's workout and if it isn't too tough, I will add tonight's to it.

Have a great evening everyone:flowerforyou:
  • jmanzano68
    Options
    Wednesday check in: Completed the work out & got in 2.5 miles of walking today.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :drinker: Thursday - arms :heart:
    4 sets of 12-15
    1. Pec flies
    2. Bar bell curls
    3. Narrow grip bench press - can use 2 dumb bells tight together
    4. Alternate dumb bell raises
    5. Tricep kickbacks
    6. Non-modified Push up max out - tell your team how many you do. Can be done before or after ARM workout as a separate activity

:flowerforyou: Don't forget tomorrow is the last day of the challenge. You will need to get your captain your final weight and measurements by tomorrow. Final team points will be posted next week to allow captains time to fill everything in.:flowerforyou:
  • MzNeecie
    Options
    Wednesday check in :

No exercise today had a wisdom tooth pulled right after work and that was the end of my day i was so medicated i barely made it home. I will do todays challenge this afternoon and post my measurements and weight in the morning when i get back to work! Its been an awesome month doing this challenge!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello Movers n Shakers,

Well, we made it to the end of August!! Yay us!:flowerforyou:

I know everyone is busy with life, but I do need to get the stats for our last week.

Please let me know how you did this week, these were the challenges:

Monday - exercise challenge, MILES challenge (let me know how many miles you did)

Tuesday - exercise challenge, BURN challenge (let me know how many calories you burned)

Wednesday - exercise challenge, MILES challenge (report your miles)

Thursday - exercise challenge, BURN challenge (report your calories burned)

Friday - exercise challenge, MILES challenge (report how many miles you did)

Don't forget tomorrow (Friday) is the last day of the challenge. You will need to give me your final weight and measurements by tomorrow (Saturday at the latest). Final team points will be posted next week to allow captains time to fill everything in.

(This was sent to you by message also!)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    i didnt get the exercise in yesterday but did do my stationary bike 12.5 miles and did some strength training.
    I already did my bike and strength training this morning 773 cals burned....good workout. I will try to get in the arm exercise later.....have a great healthy active day everyone
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Thursday:
    Burned 668 calories today. I did the elliptical at the gym and today and yesterday's assigned workout. I can now do 15 full push-ups but the are not the best form.

My dad was one of six children. His sister, Millie, was the last one still living. She passed away on Tuesday. Her visitation and funeral are going to be tomorrow afternoon/evening. I am going to have to go into work early and work thru lunch in order leave early to get there. It is going to be late when I get home tomorrow night so I doubt I will be able to get any miles in. I will do the best I can but it doesn't look very promising.

I will post my weight and measurements in the morning. Good night all.
  • jmanzano68
    Options
    Thursday check in: Arm workout done. I did 15 non-modified push ups. Calories burned today was only 398.
    I can't believe it's the end of August already! The year will be over before we know it!

Cheryl- I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. May she rest in peace. I'm sending my thoughts & prayers to you & your family.
  • Mamafred
    Options
    August results :
    My weight this morning was 162.0, up a pound from last Saturday. :sad: :huh:
    Now my measurements, on the other hand, are more positive.
    Hips - 39.5 (first time my hips have been below 40" in probably 20 years :bigsmile:)
    Bust - 36.5
    Waist - 31
    R. Thigh - 23.5, L. Thigh - 23.75
    R. Arm - 11.5, L. Arm - 11.5. I have the least measurement change in my arms but I am seeing muscle definition and it looks good.:flowerforyou:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :heart: Friday Free Day! :heart:

You earn one point for your team today if you are active for 45 minutes. GOOD LUCK!! Today is the final day of the challenge. I will not be having a September challenge as my life has gotten too busy to keep up with this. I might be back in October though.
  • jmanzano68
    Options
    Friday check in & weigh in: I'm at 132 lbs...did not lose or gain weight from last weeks weigh in. I was active for 50 minutes, walked a total of 4.5 miles. Measurements...the only change was in my waist down from 33.5 inches to 33 inches.

Good luck to everyone in September & thank you, Jackie for being our Captain this month! I know how demanding this is for you. So, enjoy the kids & their sports next month.

Take care everyone!