Took a week off em2wl

bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
So I took a week off and cut my calories to 2000 per day. I noticed an immediate decrease in midsection size (basically swelling) but headaches started and I ran out of energy. My mood worsened and I was unproductive at work... basically everything went to *kitten*.
Started back tonight. What a nightmare!

I just need to increase my weight lifting because my body hasn't changed and today I hit 115 days logging on MFP and 85 days MFP.

Replies

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Sometimes we just have to try things to see for ourselves what works and what doesn't. Find what works, what makes you feel good. Takes a while, but it's worth it.

Hope you are well ......
  • bradthemedic
    I feel a lot better now, a few hours after eating some more. That was a rough few days and I hope I can reverse this.

I am sick of being squishy and seeing others make huge progress. I want to be in better shape.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Totally feeling you:(
  • bradthemedic
    Totally feeling you:(

It's weird isn't it? I seriously feel like I cant make progress. I put in so much time and energy into exercise and I was getting no results.I'll see how it goes for the next few weeks!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Maybe a more intense lifting program? I'm on Week 12 (the final week) of Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size, and I definitely recommend it. Major increases in strength and muscle definition.

CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) can also help with belly fat.
  • emily356
    I am at a standstill too. Have been since the first of April.:( At least I am eating more now and not starving!! I'd rather not be losing at 1700 cals a day than not losing at 1200 a day. That is what I was doing. I am seeing more muscle definition, so I know something is going right, but my belly... *sigh*
  • emily356
    I will check out the CLA.... Thanks!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I was on an 8 week plateau and just this week saw a loss so tick with it! Maybe increase the weights, there is hope.
  • bradthemedic
    I was on an 8 week plateau and just this week saw a loss so tick with it! Maybe increase the weights, there is hope.

Thanks... ya 8 weeks is a long time. I am at around 10 I guess now or thereabouts.

Pushing forward. I had an incredibly brutal workout today, it felt great!