Is this OK? I binge again....

splashblob
splashblob Posts: 249 Member
Today I ate a lot and I'm not quite sure how many calories it is. Probably around 1000 cal or so. Is it OK to eat a lot of calories before start upping cal officially with lower calories intake (900kcal)-I plan to slowly upping my cal around 50kcal per week from now. I plan to start eating 900 kcal for a week, started from tomorrow but I'm a bit bummed now with how I ate today. Will this have any side effect on the resetting process?

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    It would have no effect on the reset.
    If you were able to eat an extra 1000 cals, why not just up to reset level instead of 50 cals a week? It's much easier to do it all at once if you can handle it. Yes, you might gain at first, but almost every one does. At least consider upping a few hundred a week.
  • splashblob
    Thanks for the insight. I will consider slowly upping my cal from 860 Kcal to 1000kcal for now then.
    As for why I slowly upping my cal for 50kcal per week, I'm not sure about My body fat% and my TDEE level yet and I'm afraid that I will eat over my TDEE. So I think I'm going to ordered Fitbit and wait until I let the machine figure my TDEE right first.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Ok, trust me when I say your TDEE is no where near 1000cal! Your BMR will be higher than that too! Use the Scooby site, it will be very close to your actual numbers (mine was within 100 cals, Scooby put me under):

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

for activity level, pick total number of HOURS exercise per week, not how strenuous you think you are!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I agree. The scooby numbers are pretty accurate.
    I too would suggest to increase your cals quicker, cause the mental game of doing it so slow can be very difficult.
  • splashblob
    Hello, thanks for your encouragement. So I decided to take a plunge, start from today. I did bought another measurement tape today, this one is better than the last one I use, then find my body fat% from fat2fit sites. Then using scooby's accurate calculator that need my body fat and scooby's calculator and the result is between 1458-1466, so I choose the number that is in between this 2 number, which is 1461kcal.

Hope things went well. Thanks for your advice. :D