The Olympians

Options

Replies

• merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Go Gators!!! :D

8/2- Water: 100 oz. Exercises: Completed

Wow, today it was especially hard to drink that much water, and to reach the goal I ended up having to drink about 35 oz within the last hour of the day! The chest flies were the hardest for me as far as exercise goes.

Have a great weekend in Georgia, Judy, and everyone stay determined! I'm heading out on a family vacation on Saturday, but fortunately internet will be readily available. I also just picked up Jillian Michaels' Thirty Day Shred, which I intend to start on Monday. I've only heard good reviews of it, so I thought I'd give it a try! Has anybody here had any experience/success with it?
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    8/2 Workout and water done! I actually don't mind drinking that much water. It makes me feel great! Spend a lot of time in the bathroom at work but gives me a little break then! Keep up the good work everyone!

I am very excited for this weekend, I am starting a new job! I am starting the process of working part time and being with my boys during the week. My new job is delievering papers so I am very excited to get in a great work out.

Lets keep up the good work!
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have not had to much issue drinking the water expect yesterday felt really bloated so taking it a little slower today but unfortunately I will not be able to complete today's workout. I can do it all but the lunges. Lunges kill my knees and I stay away from them because of my surgeries... I don't know if it will count or not but I will substitute with deadlifts.
  • emmoen1
    Options
    8/3: Completed workout and as I stated above I substituted lungs for deadlift. I hate working my legs because I have arthritis in both of my knees and I am always afraid of aggravating it but my legs get strong my knees hurt less... So its needed just coming slowly. Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm SORE and ready for a rest day.

Water complete...

Also, I was thinking about starting 30DS on Monday if anyone wants to join me?
  • merry_abandon
    Options
    8/3- Water: 100 oz.; Exercise: Completed (barely, haha)

I'll start 30DS with you, Erin! I was planning on starting it on Monday as well. May everybody have a wonderfully productive weekend!
  • ahelgers10
    Options
    8/3 Water and exercise complete! Hope you all are doing great!
  • emmoen1
    Options
    So I am not going to lie. I did complete my water for yesterday but not my exercise. But I did weigh in this morning and am down to 147.8 Today is my husband's birthday so it will not be the healthiest day of the month but I do not care because I celebrate 3 birthdays a year.

Tomorrow is a new day and I am starting 30DS plus all the other exercises we need to do to get our points. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is ready to start a new week!
  • merry_abandon
    Options
    Well, I feel pretty embarrassed right now.

8/4- Water: 64 oz. (I just couldn't do it yesterday! :frown:) ; Exercise: Completed

Weight: 118.2

I've gained weight AND I failed to drink enough water yesterday. I like to think the increased weight is actually muscle being built, but I'm still pretty ashamed. But like Erin, I'm starting 30DS tomorrow, and although I'm on vacation, I've been restricting how much I'm eating (if not necessarily what I'm eating). Hopefully that will result in a more favorable weighing in next week!

I hope you ladies are doing wonderfully! This is just the first week, so we have plenty of time to get into the swing of things and catch up if we've fallen behind!
  • ahelgers10
    Options
    8/4 I did not get all the water in, its so much easier to do it when I am at work and its motivating me. But I did complete exercises. I couldn't resist stepping on the scale and my weight was 190.4! I must have been very bloated when I weighed in on wednesday because I am down 5 pounds this week.
  • judy225
    judy225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Looks like everyone is had a great week. woohoo

Fri, I got water and exercise in. Sat, I only got the water. Was hard to stay on target while staying with friends. I took healthy food with me, so tried my best. But drank, and didn't log my food. I will weigh in the morning.

That's great y'all are doing the 30 day shred together. I was thinking about doing the couch to 5k, Not a runner, but idk, feel like I need to do more.

Have an awesome week, and keep checking in.
  • judy225
    Options
    Monday - arms (10 min video)

http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Workout-Sexy-Sculpted-Arms-21620326

Tuesday - legs
    Wednesday - full body
    Thursday - abs
    Friday - arms
    Saturday - legs

Weekly challenge - FRUITS AN VEGGIES!! We are suppose to get 5 Fruits and Veggies a day. You can earn 1 point per 5 F/ V that your team consumes. This is for a FULL serving not a partial serving. When you report back to your captain how many fruits and veggies you had you must also list what you had. --- Captains please enter in the total number earned and the sheet will figure out the math for you. If you only enter 1 point for each 5 you will not get your full points. You must add the total daily. You can get unlimited points based off of how many fruits and veggies your team earns. (1 point per 5 consumed)

Yum yum, we can do this.
  • emmoen1
    Options
    So i this might be a stupid question but I do not know what a FULL serving of different fruits and vegs are? Can we get examples please, especially of common fruits/vegs.
    Carrot, Potato, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, tomato, apple, banana, berries....
  • judy225
    Options
    So i this might be a stupid question but I do not know what a FULL serving of different fruits and vegs are? Can we get examples please, especially of common fruits/vegs.
    Carrot, Potato, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, tomato, apple, banana, berries....

HI Erin
    No question is stupid, I needed refresher on this one too. Based on quick google, it says the following...
    The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) sets a serving size for fruit or vegetables to be equal to about one-half cup. Greens like spinach and lettuce have a serving size equal to one full cup. One serving of sliced fruit is equal to one-half cup; however a single piece of fruit, such as an apple or an orange counts as one serving.

Hope that helps. I need to hit the grocery store, load up on veggies/fruits.
  • emmoen1
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me.

Today 8/6: completed exercise and fruit/vegs (I think)

I ate 1 whole tomato and banana
    2 cups of lettuce in a salad
    1 cup of strawberry halves
    which equals 6???
  • ahelgers10
    Options
    8/6 Exercise complete.
    1 cup carrots
    1 cup strawberries
    1/2 cup grapes
  • judy225
    Options
    Way to go Amy and Erin!!

I did exercise yesterday, but only ate 1 cup carrots with hummus - yummy. I will get to the store today, I promise. I've been dealing with a sick child, and drama in the house. Trying my best to not emotional eat. :noway:

Has anyone heard from Elizabeth? She hasn't posted or responded to my email, so thinking she is dropping out. Belinda said she has a couple others still wanting to join, so will let her know to go ahead with that. Not sure how that will work, but will let you know when hear back from her. She's dealing with some issues also, so might be day or two.

Tuesday - 8/07 - Legs

2 minute Bear Walk
    100 Jumping Jacks
    50 Squats
    50 Lunges
    50 Calf Raises

You can break this up, and make it a circuit if you like.

Have a great healthy day!!!
  • judy225
    Options
    Hey Olympians
    Please welcome Jen (jzim) to our team. Please friend her, and make her feel welcome. Glad she could join us!!!

Jen, please tell us a little about you....
    Judy
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Hey Olympians
    Please welcome Jen (jzim) to our team. Please friend her, and make her feel welcome. Glad she could join us!!!

Jen, please tell us a little about you....
    Judy

Thank you, thank you!! My name is Jen, I'm a 26 year old Southern wife and mother of two (6 and 2)...I've lost a total of 116 lbs (since my highest weight) and have hit a plateau lately..nothing like a good team challenge to get you moving in the right direction!! Thank you all for having me on your team!!
  • emmoen1
    Options
    Hello Jen and that is amazing that you have already lost so much... We are here for you and good luck!
  • emmoen1
    Options
    8/7 Exercise complete without lunges due to knee problems
    Fruit/Vegs
    1 cup watermelon
    1 cup strawberries
    5 asparagus stalks
    1 tomato

Hope everyone else is doing well...