HELP! Need tips to eat all my calories!

Options
jdier
jdier Posts: 110 Member
So, I have to eat 1785 calories (a little more on some days b/c of workouts) and find that by the end of the day I have 500 or so to go. I'm so used to eating a salad with a little meat in it for lunch or low-calorie lunches that I realized this is setting me back. I always eat a full dinner and have a 300 calorie breakfast. What healthy meals do you eat? Snacks? Do you make meal plans to eat all of your calories? Any suggestions are helpful.
Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Lot of snacking during the day, usually eating something every 2 hours.. between 300-500 calorie meals.. Protein bars, veggies, bigger portion of meat, nuts.. these things.. Also with salads are you counting the salad dressing, maybe not get fat free dressing but full flavored stuff.. add some more veggies to the salad (tomatoes, cucumbers etc). Usually I will have the same meal a few days in a row (left overs) so I am pretty exact for the days, then when I start a new meal I gotta guess what I have to eat to make up or if I need a protein shake or something.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    my diary's open, many other's have their's open too, go peep'n!

edit: yep, I fill in the protein first for the day, then add carbs, last fats (they usually just fall into place).
    I always try to eat 1 gm protein per lean BW (117 is my magic number).
    BUT since I'm lifting and eating TDEE-300, I try to get as much of my protein in as possible.
  • SurroDoula
    SurroDoula Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat throughout the day.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Eat twice as much at breakfast as you actually want to. That's helped me tremendously! I've also found that I am less hungry through out the day if I calorie load the morning. I eat at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm. Just eat all the time! :smile:
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    a little tag from me so I can read later.... good question though :)