Wanna join me in making a Halloween goal weight plan?

Options
pal00ga
pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
I love making short term goals. It's a lot easier for me to focus on "I'm going to lose this 10 lbs" instead of "I need to lose 100 lbs".
I was thinking of what a good time period would be for a bit longer short term goal. I'm sure others have done this, but with Halloween being 3 months away, I thought that would be a great day to celebrate reaching a new goal. At first I thought I would make it easy on myself and say I want to lose 30 lbs by then because I feel certain I can lose 10 lbs each month. But since I'm 40 lbs away from onederland, I thought I'd kick it up a notch and make 199lbs my goal weight for Halloween. I don't lose especially fast (I've lost only 34 lbs in my first 2.5 months since surgery), so this is actually going to be a bit of a challenge for me. I wanted to make the goal difficult yet attainable, because I really don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of candy and booze and be upset if I'm far away from reaching my goal. Classes start next month, so I will have the campus gym for my use then. I just have to be serious about going.
I wanted to post this here to make it public and see if anyone would like to join me with their own 'Halloween goal weight' so that we may keep each other motivated and maybe even share some ideas (as the holiday draws closer) on new WLS-friendly ways to celebrate the holiday. Anyone interested?

Replies

• smileitmakespeoplewonder
    Options
    I will totally join you on this challenge. I would like to lose 50 lbs by then...but will shoot for 40 lbs.

I just had surgery on July 11th, but it seems like my weight loss is pretty slow even so soon after surgery.

Hoping it will pick up soon.

Do you want to check in with each other weekly, daily, etc?

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this today! I just made my goal for my class reunion and need an interim goal between now and a cruise in February. It would be nice to be able to wear a costume for Halloween...but what?...

My goal is to lose 8 pounds a month, which is a lot for me. Three months would be 24 pounds.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to be 175 by Halloween, that's only 17 pounds away but I'm due a plateau and so I don't want to get to ambitious.
  • pal00ga
    Options
    Yay! Smile, don't worry. I'm sure you will lose pretty fast or at least steady. You are so soon out of surgery, your body is just trying to get back in the groove of things. It'll start falling off. Even though I haven't lost as much as a lot of people on here, I average about half a pound a day and that's SO much more than I was before. So, IF I were to continue with half a pound a day, I'd lose about 45 lbs by Halloween, but I'm sure it would slow down by then if I don't kick it in the butt with exercise!

I think posting weekly would be good. Halloween is 13 weeks away from tomorrow, so maybe we can post our current weights tomorrow and then every Wednesday after keep updating to make sure we stay on track :D

And again, since we can't really celebrate in the usual festivities of Halloween, we can maybe come up with some ideas for ways to join in on the fun in our own way. Or share WLS-friendly Halloween recipes. Being in college, I know I'm going to need something festive to do/eat so I don't feel left out from the candy eating and alcohol drinking.

And if you have some sort of costume or something you want to be able to fit into by Halloween, we can post those too! Haha I'm still such a kid around the holidays :D
  • Arthemise1
    Options
    have a four-year-old, so I have an excuse to dress up. :D
  • pal00ga
    Options
    haha, well I dress up every year... just haven't actually dressed up on Halloween night in a few years. The past 3 years I've been in college, we have always had an exam the day after Halloween, so Halloween has been the night we have study groups and sometimes have halloween movies playing in the background. So my freshman roommate and I started a tradition we do every year now where we raid Walmart about a week after Halloween when everything is on sale and have our own Halloween night with costumes and candy and booze lol.
    This year Im living with other friends, so I'm sure they'll want to drag me to a frat party or something, but I still plan to have my traditional November Halloween with my best friend. I'm just trying to think of WLS recipes I could make in place of candy that she would like too. And I'm supposed to wait 6 months before drinking... although November 14 would be my 6 month surgiversary... Maybe we could do it around then and I could have one drink so she doesn't feel like everything has changed.
    My friends are all very supportive of me with my surgery and all, but I don't want to have to have everything change when we're hanging out. I just need it to be more WLS friendly, like still make snacks for Halloween, but make healthy ones, and still drink once I'm allowed, just much much less.
  • pal00ga
    Options
    You got that Minka!! Watch you lose twice that amount by Halloween! :D
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am in! 30 lbs by Halloween...that will put me at 175....might be a stretch but I will give it a shot! Had my RNY March 5th. Have lost 75 since surgery....40 before. Feel great....very active I can't wait to see how I feel at 175!!! I am 5'10" so that is about my goal with a stretch goal of 160 which I haven't weighed in 22 yrs.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Well it's Wednesday, Today the scale said 191.4 (that's acutally a pound up, I yo yo a pound or so just before a loss so no biggy) See you all next week.
  • pal00ga
    Options
    haha it IS Wednesday! Look at me already forgetting!! I'll have to set a reminder in my phone for every Wednesday to remember.

Today I'm 238.4. I was 238.8 Monday, but like you, I can fluctuate throughout the week, so I don't look at small losses throughout the week too much.
  • pal00ga
    Options
    maybe next week, I'll start posting our weekly weigh ins on a chart or something so we can better see how far we all come over the 3 months. Does that sound like a good idea? I don't want to post you all in a chart if you don't want to be.
  • ragslittle
    Options
    205.2 - GOAL 175
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My initial weight loss was so fast...and now it is sporadic at best! I lose a couple..then nothing...then a couple more...etc. I would love to be in Onederland by Halloween! I havent been below 200 since I was a junior in high school! Count me in :) I weighed in this morning at 223.4, my starting weight was 300. Friend me :)
  • pal00ga
    Options
    77lbs in 4 months is AMAZING! You're less than 25lbs from onederland. You can so do this even with the sporadic weightloss! I'm starting to have doubts about actually losing 40 lbs in 3 months, but I'm not backing down. I'm just going to step up my workout (which is almost nonexistent right now since I don't have a gym). I've already got a lot of workout buddies waiting for me in Atlanta, so I feel confident I'll keep up with the routine. Do you work out much?
  • Onaughmae
    Options
    I was working out 3-4 times a week. I had my gall bladder out about 4 weeks ago and cant do any heavy working out for another week or two. I am going to go back to the gym next week and start at least on the treadmill and swimming again. I actually miss it.
  • Arthemise1
    Options
    I'm starting at 272 lb. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by Halloween.
  • pal00ga
    Options
    I'm guessing gall bladder problems are really common after WLS. Everyone seems to be having problems.
    I wish I had a gym right now or at least a pool I could go to.
    I was going to the gym 5 times a week as a guest at my dad's gym, but that lasted for only about 3 weeks as the gym people told him guests had to come in before 6 and my dad doesn't get off work until past then. :/
    So now I just walk when he is free. I know he misses going to the gym though, so I try not to get in the way of him going by forcing him to walk with me. I would go walking by myself, but my brother was robbed at gunpoint right outside about a month ago and the cops say there is a lot of gang activity happening around here now.
    I'm hoping I can stick with going to the gym in Atl at least 4 times a week.
  • Onaughmae
    Options
    Apparently gall bladder issues are pretty common from rapid weight loss. Too bad he just didnt take it out when he did my surgery! What day are we weighing in?
  • pal00ga
    Options
    I know. I considered asking if it would be a good idea to take mine out during surgery. We weigh in on Wednesdays, so tomorrow :)
  • ragslittle
    Options
    Gained +2.4lbs = 207.4...UGH!!! Am I ever going to make it to onederland??????