Looking for Atkins friends who eat their vegetables

Options
GiGiBeans
GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
I've made some great LC friends at the site but I noticed a number of them do not really eat many if any vegetables. While I have noticed their weight loss is pretty significant compared to mine I really would like to get my veggies in, even if it means a slower weight loss. I'm not talking about pounds of the vegetables I'm talking about 15 - 20 grams or so.

I'm especially interested in friends netting about 1350 - 1600 calories a day for menu ideas.

Meeting people with similar goals definitely helps to keep me motivated. Hopefully some veggie loving forum lurkers will see this and respond :)

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I know you scope my diary GiGi because I love my veggies too.
    Going to do the Snow peas, portobello, bean sprouts, sesame seed, shiratake noodle thing stir fried in tamari and sesame oil thing again tonight I think.

What is summer without fresh veggies?

I understand the whole 20g or less, 1 plain salad a day induction thing but if you stay on that for too long you'll (at lest I would ) burn out. Keep it real. A zuchinni isn't going to sabotage you. Obviously stay away from most root vegetables and peas because they are all high in starch.

Here is a gift for those of you missing boiled potatoes. Simmer some large radishes (the size of baby new potatoes) in some broth (chicken or beef) until soft, about 20 - 30 minutes. They come out tasting like potatoes that you had in a stew. (add some to a low carb stew BTW ) .
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hiya Lowcarb. I do scope your diary and have found some great ideas. But a major difference between us is you do about 2 hours a day of strenuous exercise and often net about 900 calories a day. Your daily exercise is about the equivalent of my weekly exercise and you no doubt blow through those carbohydrates way quicker then I will! My net carbs hover around 25 grams and I think that's good for now.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple of cups of lettuce a day(usually) and then another cup or two of things like broccoli, radishes, cucumbers, celery, a little onion, and a little cauliflower.....I've started adding in brussel sprouts and asparagus spears as I'm eeking up from 20-25 carbs. The veggies dont seem to stall me.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    meee, i try to eat a salad and a grilled or sauteed veggie everyday. some days are harder than others, but i do okay :D

especially with so many people giving me stuff from their gardens, yay!
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    Fresh green bean, cucumbers, tomatoes, and tons of herbs are coming out of my garden now. Love them all! I have passed up the onions, squash, sweet peppers and corn, but I just can't give up too many veggies. I try to eat them before 1:00 pm. Have no idea if that helps. In my own brain I work off the extra during my workouts later in the day. It's working for me so far.