Cellulite :(

Options
Ok, I know there is no "cure" for cellulite, I've heard it all...but I'm starting to get worried I will NEVER get rid of it! I've lost 12 lbs so far...pretty much halfway to my goal of an 18-19 BMI. I run, bike, do squats, lunges, all the leg machines, but my butt and the back of my legs STILL have ripples! GRRR
Is there ANYTHING else I can do!?

Replies

• natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Body brush the culprit areas as often as you can. It supposedly stimulates those areas to get more blood flowing there, and so preventing further cellulite deposits. I *think* it's helped me, but might just be wishful thinking. Exfoliates the skin though, which is good if you wear skinny jeans, cos the backs of your thighs can start to get ingrown hairs!
  • CaliBird
    CaliBird Posts: 10
    Options
    same problem :( im interested to see if someone has a 'miracle solution' on here
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I believe carbs can be a culprit, because water retention makes it more obvious. Elle Macpherson eats really clean and only good carbs (limited amounts) and has legs to die for at her age! sugar is no good too :(
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Beyond getting to a very low body fat, I believe most of us will always have some cellulite. Except for on some hardcore athletes, even the thinnest women have cellulite. I used to hate my body because of my cellulite, and realizing that pretty much all women have it after puberty, I finally came to terms with. Adding muscle and reducing body fat helps, but I don't think you can eliminate it completely.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think unfortunately like 90-91 percent of all beings have cellulite, but thinking back to a time when I had less of it I did have a lower fat percentage, although that tip seems REALLY obvious. Lol. Other than straight up losing fat, and also using body scrubs as natpalit says I have heard good things about those as well. This is my bizarre logic but when I was doing alot of yoga (stretching in crazy intense ways for at least 40 minutes almost every day for 4-5 months on my yoga kick) I was pleased to see my bum was not a ripply one lol.

Anways I probably didn't help but I tried. I'd love to know a magic solution to get rid of that stuff.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Is it bad if I say: Save your money there are many new "methods" to remove fat especially for people who are not obese, and are outpatient. I do consider it cheating but if you can maintain the results afterward then more power to you.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    oh i found out something else! Epsom salts in a bath 3 days a week can reduce it, alcohol is BAD for cellulite (i know... it sucks) and dry brushing your legs in the morning!
  • jpratt44
    jpratt44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a lotion with collogen in it? I found that that really helped my cellulite (as well as stretch marks) and you can usually find some pretty cheap brands out there. I really like Mary Kay toning body lotion, but that's just me :)