I wish my lungs would catch up to my legs!!

Options
aimeeinohio
aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
So I've repeated week 1 per Dr orders- did w1d1 three times, w1d2 three times, and w1d3 twice (will do this day again on Thursday, and Saturday). Tonight I was doing so well- all of my run intervals were at least 4 mph, and two of 'em were 6 mph. My legs really are pushing me along, and the knees/shins/hips/back have quit complaining....BUT I STILL CANNOT BREATHE!!!!!

It's so damn frustrating!!! I told my hubby yesterday, if my lungs would catch up to my legs, I could kick some butt in a 5k.

Ok, rant over :tongue:

Replies

• krawles
    krawles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Having to repeat the same week so many times without improvement in breathe sounds very frustrating. You could try doing yoga on days you don't run. It will teach you to breathe easier and literally expand your lung capacity. Also, you could try focusing on something other than your breathing while running. I would suggest the sound of your feet striking whatever surface you happen to be running on since it is always there.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I read on these boards somewhere when all else fails, don't worry about your speed...concentrate on your breathing and just keep moving, even if its"barely" moving. I am doing C25K for the second time. First time was last July thru a 5K end of Sept. I started taking slow release iron tablets because I have a low-iron issue and the whole get oxygen to the blood issue. Even if it's all in my head, don't care - whatever works I say. I "wogged" my 5k - some jogging and some walking for a total time of 34.something minutes. Not bad for my first 5K at 47 yo. Most of my training was done on a treadmill.

This July started C25K again and am doing it all outside. This time I'm slowing down jogging instead of walking when I feel I want to quit and I just did W6D1 this a.m. It is working - finally - for me. I do occasionally repeat days if I feel I need/want to.

Good luck!