Happy August - What's for Lunch?

Options
Joverberg
Joverberg Posts: 7 Member
We grilled chicken kebabs last night and I packaged one up right away for my lunch today. Having it over mixed greens and for kicks I added sliced strawberries and pumpkin seeds to the salad.

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Italian sausage with green bell peppers and onions for me.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I took a hotdog. I left out the chips and sides. I love summer time..so easy to grill extra for next day's lunch
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    I made chili last night and brought it in today. Trying to brainstorm tomorrow's lunch - I'm eyeballing this: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/the-you-can-do-it-diet-dinner-choices/ (the quesadillas).
    Chicken kebabs and salad sounds amazing!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Those quesadillas look good, I'll have to pin those for later.

I'm having a Healthy Choice lunch today, the asian potstickers. I was too lazy last night to pack a proper lunch :embarassed:
  • b1t3m3
    Options
    Last night there was too much to get done to get around to the quesadillas. I'm saving the recipe for later.
    More chili it is. Good thing I like chili.
  • b1t3m3
    Options
    ...and for tomorrow. A sandwich: whole bread, homemade hummus (just chickpeas, tahini and lemon juice), half an avocado, alfalfa and cucumber. So looking forward to this one, it's going to be hard to wait until lunchtime to eat it.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    I make a sandwich almost just like that but with cream cheese instead of hummus. So delicious.

Today is leftover chicken breast with spinach and arugula mix, cucumber and tomato with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Veggies sounded good today so I packed a small veggie tray for lunch. Broccoli, celery, cherry tomatoes and baby carrots with a little ranch dip.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Salad today. Spring mix lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green onion, avocado, a packet of Starkist pink salmon, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
  • jenready
    Options
    Veggie lunch again today. Veggies just taste so much better in the summer.
  • jenready
    Options
    My lunch is kind of a hodge podge for today. I brought ham lunch meat, wheat thins, laughing cow garlic and herb cheese, baby carrotts, cherry tomatoes and celery. Quick, easy and delish!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Amy's Bean and Cheese burrito today.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Have you guys tried FlatOut flatbreads? The multigrain with flax is really good, and only 100 cals for a pretty big sized wrap. I'm having one today for lunch with grilled shrimp, lettuce, tomato, avocado and a bit of basil pesto mixed with mayo.
  • jenready
    Options
    Sounds like a good lunch. I like the flatout breads too, either for wraps or as a crust for a small pizza.

I was running late today so I threw a lunch together in a hurry. Today is cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, ham lunch meat, laughing cow garlic and herb cheese, mini pretzels and sugar free jello for a snack.

By the way...are we the only two left in this group? lol
  • Joverberg
    Joverberg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm still here ;-) But I can't figure out how to get to groups from the mobile ipad & iphone apps...do the apps support the community features?

Like the flatbreads, but LOVE the new Arnold Pocket Thins - especially Italian herb and they are all only 100 calories
    http://blogs.app.com/food/2012/05/23/new-product-arnold-pocket-thins/

Today: pocket thin with Boar's head pastrami seasoned turkey, red bell pepper, weight watchers cheese stick and 2 mini clementines.
  • jenready
    Options
    Glad to know others are still here. I'll have to try and find those pocket thins, they sound good.

Since I failed to pack my lunch last night, it is another repeat today so kind of boring. Cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, ham lunch meat, jello snack cup and fire roasted pumpkin seeds. I also brought along a lemon poppyseed muffin and grapes for breakfast.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Another wrap today...turkey, avocado, lettuce, tomato and vinaigrette.
  • b1t3m3
    Options
    Glad to know others are still here. I'll have to try and find those pocket thins, they sound good.

Since I failed to pack my lunch last night, it is another repeat today so kind of boring. Cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, ham lunch meat, jello snack cup and fire roasted pumpkin seeds. I also brought along a lemon poppyseed muffin and grapes for breakfast.

I've been doing so many repeats too... kind of boring, but simple.
    I've also been cheating a bit... I'm doing an early morning shift, so I've just brought oatmeal into work the past couple of days and prepared it at the office, and take my lunch break around 8:30 a.m. Boring, but it does the trick.
  • bkmanda
    bkmanda Posts: 3
    Options
    uggh! I finally make it back to check in, and today I forgot my lunch and had to buy lunch:( I've been pretty good though, 1st time so far. Going to go read what you guys have been up to.
  • bkmanda
    bkmanda Posts: 3
    Options
    We grilled chicken kebabs last night and I packaged one up right away for my lunch today. Having it over mixed greens and for kicks I added sliced strawberries and pumpkin seeds to the salad.
    yum, sounds scrumpcious! and I think i'll do some sort of kebob next week. I've been thinking about that for a while.