Maintain definition / I don't want to OVER define

amonkey794
amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
Hi all. I'm not one of those girls who believe in the whole "women get bulky" idea, but I do have a few concerns with my exercise.

Workout schedule: Mon-Fri 60min total workout

• Mon-Thur: 30 min stair master (while wearing ankle weights)
30 min upper body strength (still wearing ankle weights)

* strength usually consists of hand held/free weights with some body weight&machine exercise thrown in

•Fri: 40-45 min lower body (wearing ankle weights)
15-20 min core work (with ankle weights and possible upper body thrown in)

* strength mainly body weight exercise with some machine and hand held weights

I have a lot of definition already and I really don't want to do any further toning. I'm happy with where I currently am (maybe slightly tighter tris, though). Is there a "maintenance definition" I can do? I have no idea how to prevent anymore definition from occurring. I feel like I'm loosing femininity at this point lol I know I'm not building any muscle with the way I eat, but I'm guessing it's from fat loss? I don't really know…

Help please!

Thank you :)

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    if you don't up your weights and you aren't eating enough to "bulk" you won't gain visible muscle.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    The more bf% you lose, the more muscle your going to show.. if your eating at a deficit for weight loss your not going to get bulky and gain tons of muscle mass, but as your bf goes down, your going to notice your existing muscles.. obviously they are there from your work out schedule... I mean ankle weights come on now, do you hold a weight on your chest when you do ab exercises too! :-)
  • amonkey794
    Well let's hope I don't lose anymore body fat!(by the way is there a way to maintain that? Scooby calculator doesnt give that as an option when estimating calories) I don't seem to have much more to lose! :) and only sometimes will I add weight to my core ;)

Thank you!
  • emgel9
    When you input your numbers in Scooby at the bottom it lists your TDEE. It is the middle line in "Your Daily Calorie Requirements." That is your maintenance number.
  • amonkey794
    When you input your numbers in Scooby at the bottom it lists your TDEE. It is the middle line in "Your Daily Calorie Requirements." That is your maintenance number.

I realize, but step 6 or something asks for a goal and it's only either gain muscle, gain muscle & lose fat, lose __%
    No, "just maintain" :/
  • emgel9
    Yes. And the calories required to hit your "goal" is the last #. In addition Scooby gives you your BMR and your TDEE - those numbers are not dependent on the goal you input. So whatever Scooby has as your "TDEE" is probably very close to your actual maintenance number =D