lossing modivation :(

Options
Serenajeans
Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
As I get closer to my goal weigh, I find myself getting lazy. I still have a ways to go but some how I have no modivation.
what do you use to keep you going?

Replies

• EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Set mini goals and reward yourself, once you reach them. Also, I keep a motivational photo of Beyonce posted at home on the fridge (and it's one of my images here) that I refer to often, I have some healthy eating/exercise related tips that I keep in plain sight at work and home.

When I don't feel like working out, I remind myself that when I log on to MFP, several "friends" will have already worked out for the day and I want my calories burned posted early with theirs =)
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I forget why I am working out, eating well, and trying to get fit. I started a blog on the MFP blogs feature but only I can see it because it's set to private. On it, I listed my short-term and long-term goals, including rewards for each step of the way (going on a special date, buying a cute outfit, etc.). I also explained what I want to achieve and why I want to achieve it, even the frivolous things (like wanting to run outside in a sports bra, haha). I think reflecting on how hard you've worked to get where you are and what you want to accomplish could help!

You've done a great job so far - good luck!
  • blz_ocean
    blz_ocean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use races of some sort to keep me motivated. I registered for my first 5k two years ago. I wasn't a runner but wanted to be and I needed to lose 20 poungs. I did a program for "Walking to 5k in 8 weeks" to get going. The race I did was a Kommen 5k for Breast Cancer. I found that once I signed up, I knew I had to train or I was going to make a fool of myself :) Plus, I wanted to raise money for a good cause. So, I did my training everyday. And I have been running ever since! I am almost ready for a 10k and I am doing a sprint triathlon in September. Every time my motivation goes down, I sign up for a race.
  • keddins1
    Options
    When I start losing motivation to work out, I find a different sort of workout to go to, which keeps things exciting. I also admit that I often motivate myself to work out with the idea of "earning" extra calories to eat. :)
    When I lose the motivation to eat right, I reflect on how I looked and felt when I wasn't eating as well, and then think about the fact that I wouldn't ever have lost that ten pounds without my diet overhaul. The idea of going back up a few sizes is enough to keep me out of the ice cream carton.
    If you've already lost weight and have any jeans that are now a size or two too big, I suggest putting them on and celebrating the feeling of being smaller! Celebrating your accomplishments is always good motivation.
  • Serenajeans
    Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I start losing motivation to work out, I find a different sort of workout to go to, which keeps things exciting. I also admit that I often motivate myself to work out with the idea of "earning" extra calories to eat. :)
    When I lose the motivation to eat right, I reflect on how I looked and felt when I wasn't eating as well, and then think about the fact that I wouldn't ever have lost that ten pounds without my diet overhaul. The idea of going back up a few sizes is enough to keep me out of the ice cream carton.
    If you've already lost weight and have any jeans that are now a size or two too big, I suggest putting them on and celebrating the feeling of being smaller! Celebrating your accomplishments is always good motivation.
    I really do enjoy getting back into my old clothes and comparing the before and after.