Anyone on Step 1????

Options
Hi there, I'm new to this board. I have been attending OA for the last 4 years off and on. I have always just struggled accepting the fact that I have a problem and surrendering to the higher power. My life has been a series of diets and binging....I'm exhausted living this way. I've been doing MFP for over a year, and I have lost 30lbs in the last year, slowly but surely, but I can't stop trying to ignore the big elephant in the room, I'm an overeater and need help, bigger than myself. Any help or suggestions or discussion? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• ohkola
    ohkola Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi there,

I think anyone in the program can empathize with your problem in some form or another. What I would suggest is to a) get a sponsor. That will person will help you work the steps and teach you what worked for them to keep them abstinent. b) I also suggest attending meetings. It's really reassuring to hear other's experiences, not only to learn from them but also to reassure you that you're not alone and help is there if you ever need it. That's where I would start. Everything else will fall into place once you're ready. YOU CAN DO IT!