Opinions re: bf% and calculators

Options
watergirl626
watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
Okay, admittedly, July wasn't great. I didn't exercise much due to some health issues, but we also moved (lots of packing, cleaning, moving, cleaning, unpacking), so I didn't change my cal goal and stuck at 2200/ day (I am basically maintaining, looking to lose more bf). Anyhow, I take measurements the first of every month. Today my abdomen is down 1", weight is about the same, other measurements are the same (well, hips, waist, bust are anyway - forearm down, thigh down, neck up). Punching it into the fat2fit radio bf calculator, it thinks my body fat % is up, which I could believe since I didn't do many weights in July, except that I lost an inch off my naval. Any thoughts? Any calculators better than others?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Okay, admittedly, July wasn't great. I didn't exercise much due to some health issues, but we also moved (lots of packing, cleaning, moving, cleaning, unpacking), so I didn't change my cal goal and stuck at 2200/ day (I am basically maintaining, looking to lose more bf). Anyhow, I take measurements the first of every month. Today my abdomen is down 1", weight is about the same, other measurements are the same (well, hips, waist, bust are anyway - forearm down, thigh down, neck up). Punching it into the fat2fit radio bf calculator, it thinks my body fat % is up, which I could believe since I didn't do many weights in July, except that I lost an inch off my naval. Any thoughts? Any calculators better than others?
    I think you are better off with calipers to measure your body fat
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try the US Army one. It hopefully is accurate since it can determine your career progression. But calipers are probably more accurate. But all you need for the army one is the tape measure.