Weight Trend

Options
I was just going through my progress report here on MFP and I noticed I have lost only 7lbs since March. I am 1.5lbs higher than my lowest weight during the time frame and I keep getting back to 174. I see that I have been dealing with the same few pounds since easter.

I hope to see a change. I am more consistent these days, especially with exercise. I am not making any changes until I stay consistent with diet and exercise for a solid month. I am frustrated because I think and I am HOPING it is more to do with not being as consistent as I should be. It isn't like I have been all over the place. I don't know. I am still afraid it is because I am consuming too much, but I hate to take my calories down until I know I HAVE to.

I just had to vent!

Thanks folks!

Replies

• RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food? You don't have your diary open, so I can't comment on that.

There can be so many factors at play when someone is at a plateau and can't break through. We've all been there before.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am logging....currently at 1900 calories. I do know I need to up protein....I am usually at 17-18%. It is a bit difficult to get the protein, being a vegetarian headed towards vegan. I don't want to add a protein powder. I am usually at 55-60% carbs. I have bounced with my calories before starting the new exercise plan, which caused me to up the calories. It has only been 18 days.

I don't see my ratios changing much because if this is a lifelong journey....this is what I will be able to sustain. I am doing A LOT better on the carb front, believe it or not...lol

I am going to see what happens remaining at this caloric level being consistent with CLX and see what happens and tweak from there.
  • RushBabe214
    Options
    lol You'd probably faint reading my food diary -- I'm a real carnivore! :wink:

I hope you find what works for you.

I was born in Seattle, so your username caught my attention! :smile:
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    Thank you!

I lived in Ballard for 7 years. I love it there and hope to move back.
  • RushBabe214
    Options
    Love Ballard! I moved away from Seattle in 1987 and have only been back a couple of times since then. It's such a beautiful place.

Hope you're able to get back there! :smile:
  • daniel1hp
    Options
    Why don't you want to add protein powder? Some of it can taste quite good! I would recommend going onto http://veganproteinpowders.net and buying one of the top rated brands. Protein is really key in weight loss, especially when eating more. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm a fellow vegan!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    There is also pea protein powder. This one is good for vegetarians and vegans. No the tastiest in the world, but it will do the job.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    At the moment, the vegan protein powders I am somewhat interested in...I can't afford. I am going through a lot of personal stuff right now that is financially draining. Also, tbh, I would like to not have to rely on a protein shake. It is something I will consider again when my financial status is back to normal!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Try adding nutritional yeast to stuff, if you can find it. It's great to shake on a lot of things — popcorn, pasta, pizza, salads, sandwiches, etc. It's 8 grams of protein for 2 tablespoons worth. Which might not be a HUGE amount, but it doesn't hurt since you can just toss it around like seasoning. Also, you can make seitan with it, which is freaking DELICIOUS.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I do love nutritional yeast flakes. I have to pick some more up. I love it on my pasta and in soup. Thanks for the reminder!