How have you surprised yourself?

Last night I went for my W1D2 jaunt and as I was rounding the corner to come back down the street, I knew I was getting close to the end of my 90s walking interval. I mentally prepared myself to jog a bit more, but Constance crooned in my ear "It's time to cool down."

I was surprised because I was sure I had at least one, and probably 2 more jogging intervals. Surely I hadn't been out there that long. I mean, I wasn't completely exhausted. Sure I was sweaty and my legs were slightly achy, but nowhere close to the burn of W1D1. I didn't think there would be any noticeable difference.

Surprise!

Anyway, how have you surprised yourself as you make your way through the C25K program?

Replies

• That's great! I always love it when that sort of thing happens - makes me feel empowered haha.

I'm almost done with the program - W8D2 tonight - and looking back, I've continued to surprise myself the whole way. The first big one was just the fact that I managed to stick with the program - I first started back in February and quit after W4 because I thought it was too hard. Lame!

Back during Christmas, I kind of threw myself out on part of the route that I currently use and did this weird, untimed jog/walk trainwreck of a "workout" that was mostly walking because I just did not know how to run. I couldn't even run one stretch of the smaller loop! Now, I'm running over 3x as far in the same amount of time. I feel awesome. I am finally a runner!
  • I'm on W8D2... I'm just surprised that I've made it this far! I can actually refer to myself as a 'runner'! Wow. Such a great feeling!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Agreed. The entire process is a series of suprises and small victories. Last week (W6, D2) was the first time in my life that I ran an entire mile without walking. Each day you get stronger and go farther. I never thought I would break the 2 mile mark, but I've been doing that consistantly the last 3 runs now. I can't wait to finally get to the 3 mile point!