when will I ever learn?

Options
freerange
freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
It amazes me how the Paole haters come out of the wood work, anytime, anything remotely suggestive of paleo is mentioned.

BBBBBB but they only live to the age of 30. Good grief.

And this one is bringing out the China study, what a fool.

Got to love those veggies with an agenda.

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I know. I love how the fact that the average life expectancy of the caveman was only like 30 years. But that wasn't due to his DIET. It was due to bigger animals eating him, and sometimes he'd catch a disease that he couldn't cure. Durdurdur.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree.

I don't even post in the forums much anymore due to the negativity.

I have went to saying that when eating natural foods (meat that has to be cooked, veggies and fresh fruit) becomes unhealthy, then I will agree with them.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Ya - I should learn to stay away, haha. I always get so worked up on those stupid threads! It's frustrating though because some people who could really benefit get discouraged of even trying.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I like to say I'm on the no-monsanto diet. That I can eat anything so long as Monsanto didn't profit anywhere along the way.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I like to say I'm on the no-monsanto diet. That I can eat anything so long as Monsanto didn't profit anywhere along the way.

I like it
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I live in an Inuit community. Until recently they lived on almost all animal protein and fat. There were a few berries and plants but only for a couple of months per year. Granted many died young due to physical injuries and starvation but NEVER disease. They had perfect teeth, though the women would wear them down chewing hides. (There was a scientist who made his life's work studying tooth decay and the lack of in aboriginal populations-forget his name at the moment.)

The younger generation are now eating very little country food. The foods that they choose in the store (and the stores here stock very little healthy, unprocessed food) are grains, processed vegetable oils (Crisco vegetable shortening-they were told it's better than lard!), candy, chips, juice, sodas; all of the worst possible foods. These poor choices added to poor living conditions, is a perfect storm.

Cancer, rotten teeth (poor 3 year olds who have no teeth!), allergies, low immunity, heart disease, obesity, you name it, are now very common. Diabetes is not rampant yet, but it's only one generation since they stopped eating their natural diet. It's coming.

So, when people on this site, or anywhere, attack my lifestyle choice, and say it's a "fad", with no consideration of the thousands of hours of nutritional research that i have done, I want to scream. The condescension is hard to take. Tell me how eating a natural diet (as much as possible) is a "fad" or "dangerous"?! I'd love to know.

The non-Monsanto diet: good one! Unfortunately, I don't trust that their stuff isn't in just about everything including "organic" and "non GMO" since their crops are contaminating others. if I didn't hunt and gather the food myself (which I rarely do) I always expect the worst. I do the best I can with what I have.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is a great article for you called the Inuit Paradox. It's really interesting and supports everything you wrote.

http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox/
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've noticed this reaction. You know, I don't eat any MORE meat than I did before removing the starch and legumes. The meat I choose isn't the fattiest possible cut and I still rarely eat bacon. I just eat more fruits and veggies and replace my usual starch of rice with sweet potatoes. I don't understand why it's thought to be so awful for us by some.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    This is a great article for you called the Inuit Paradox. It's really interesting and supports everything you wrote.

http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox/

Thanks. I do a lot of research on nutrition, health and history. I am especially interested in aboriginal cultures and societal collapses. Because i live with Inuit and my daughter is Inuit, I have some first-hand experience. i am not Inuit, but have discovered, that I also flourish on a diet of meat and fat. I eat lots of veggies too, since I'm not eating quite enough healthy animal products.

The Inuit Paradox isn't a paradox at all. They were eating the only diet available, which is, go figure, a perfect diet for surviving in the Arctic. Other aboriginal people in other climates may have eaten differently, but their environment also provided perfect foods. I don't know of any aboriginal people that didn't eat a diet heavy in animal proteins and fat, when they could get it.