Someone set me straight, please.

Options
stfriend
stfriend Posts: 256 Member
Background: I tried reset for 2 weeks. I felt fine, honestly. I was a little bloated at first but my weight evened out pretty quick. I thought, I'll go to 15% cut. I just can't seem to stick to it. I'm hungry all the time and I end up eating way over. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. I've been doing NROWL for nearly all of this time. My states are 5'3, 263, 33yrs old, 63" tall. Maybe its my activity levels? I'm doing lifting 3x a week, about 30 mins each. I usually do cardio in the form of walking with light jogging 2-3 days a week for about 30ish minutes at a pop. The scooby calc gives me 1935 BMR, 2660 TDEE, and 2261 cut. I've set the calorie counter to 2280 because when I plug in similar info to MFP, with lightly active and at .5lb loss a week thats what it comes out to. Any ideas?

Replies

• LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should reset for 6 weeks at minimum, 8 weeks or more preferred. 2 weeks just isn't enough time to turn the car around.

Good luck!!
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should reset for 6 weeks at minimum, 8 weeks or more preferred. 2 weeks just isn't enough time to turn the car around.

Good luck!!

I was going to say the same thing. 2 weeks into my reset, I was still ravenous eating at TDEE. It took longer for my metabolism/appetite to level out. I ended up eating at TDEE for about 8 weeks before I attempted the 10 - 15% cut.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Check your measurements too. I know the whole time I did a reset (12 weeks) I was doing NROF4W and my measurements were going down as the scale went up. If you are lifting heavy you are likely swapping fat for muscle and it with show up on the measuring tape.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to go ahead and try the reset for this month, at least, and then go from there. I'm not losing in inches, either, but that could be a sodium thing so I'm trying to watch that. It also could be that I've "trained" my muscles well in the past, so perhaps I'm reconditioning right now? I have a lot of body fat to lose.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I agree with pp. Two weeks is just not enough time.