Week 4 support? ;c

Options
ericcanute
ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
Okay this week is SUPPOSED to be week four! However I tried doing day one and I could not do it all. I think it was a minute or two off the last run I had to do and I could not do it at all. I am redoing week three this week instead. Any ideas for Monday when I retry week four? I really love this program, I don't wanna give up!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Run slower.

One thing that works for me too besides running SLOW is once I get past a certain point there is no dang way I'm going to do it again so I have to finish! :laugh:
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I 100% agree with the above post! When I first tried C25K months ago, I quit on W4 because it was "too hard" for me. Turns out, I was just trying to sprint it.

Try running slooooowwww - even if it feels like you're crawling. Some people on this forum I think even go as slow as 13-14 min/miles - which is AWESOME because they run the whole time! Speed will come with time - focus on going the distance now. You can do this! (:
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Same as above. I'm on week 4 currently, and found that dropping from 5.5 to 5mph helped me make it through. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Okay... I guess I will try doing a slower jog... I was on my schools track team so for me to do a slow jog makes me feel stupid because if I ever did that for our warmup jog during the season everyone would have lapped me 2 times...
  • classictoaster
    Options
    Okay... I guess I will try doing a slower jog... I was on my schools track team so for me to do a slow jog makes me feel stupid because if I ever did that for our warmup jog during the season everyone would have lapped me 2 times...

Well, you're obviously different now. Just give it a try and let go of the negativity; bodies change, and to succeed, you've got to do what works for you now.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the going slower - I'm just wrapping up week 4 (it took me two weeks). It was partially trying to go to fast, and partially mental...for some reason, 5 min jogging was very intimidating. I took an in between day, and just jogged 5 min, to prove it wasn't some magical number that I "couldn't" do - and got back after the program the next day. I also had to slow down a bit to keep my breathing under control - down to about 4.5MPH from 5.5 - and was then able to get through the whole thing. Good luck!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the going slower - I'm just wrapping up week 4 (it took me two weeks). It was partially trying to go to fast, and partially mental...for some reason, 5 min jogging was very intimidating. I took an in between day, and just jogged 5 min, to prove it wasn't some magical number that I "couldn't" do - and got back after the program the next day. I also had to slow down a bit to keep my breathing under control - down to about 4.5MPH from 5.5 - and was then able to get through the whole thing. Good luck!

This! Right now it's about just keeping going - speed and distance can come later. Also get some good music on your iPod. Really takes your mind off the running and before you know you have reached the end of the song and run for five minutes. My current song for when I'm flagging is Public Enemy's Harder than you Think. Absolutely impossible to stop running in the middle of it as it pushes you along! (also the theme in the UK on TV for the paralympics, which is really inspiring).