IBD?

Options
Good morning all. Yesterday I came across another Paleo/Primal person who has IBD (lostredsock). I was curious to know if anyone else here has some form of IBD (Crohn's, UC, Celiac) and has found that the Paleo lifestyle has improved their overall health and helped them to stay in remission. Most of the people I know on the CCFA site are all about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet or GAPS. Very few of them do Paleo but from what I understand grain and gluten free seems to be the way to go for IBD, whether one has Celiac Sprue or not. Can anyone else attest to this, other than lostredsock and myself? Your input is appreciated.

Replies

• lostredsock
    lostredsock Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My ears were ringing... :)

Check out the Crohn's forum on healingwell.com - Paleo is discussed a bit there.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Husband and I both have GI issues (gastroparesis- just him, IBS- both). It's been improved... and now post-wedding, we will hopefully get back to it because the honeymoon was unpleasant, thanks to some serious (but delicious) cheating.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don't have anything wrong.. but i like how i have no um bathroom 'smells' anymore >.> haha.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have crohn's disease and have found that with the primal diet I feel soo much healther then I did before. I actually had an older doctor from south africa tell me about it years ago. I have now been med free for about 6 years and for the first time feel like a 'normal' person. I can still have a bad morning, but it is just for an hour or so then I feel good all day. I don't know if it is the best choice for all people with IBD since each person will react to different foods but for me it has been a good decision.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I didn't think that I had problems, but I've switched to primal/paleo/real food and I've found I've not got wind anymore, I don't bloat anymore, I am losing weight again, I've got better hair, skin, nails and all kinds of things. I feel better all around. So I'm guessing that I did have some sensitivities at least.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and gastroparesis. I have been feeling so much better since I have gone with this program. It is truly amazing. Less stomach problems, more energy. It's such a relief!

Have any of you had allergy testing? I had the one where they prick your arms, and I came up as positive for allergies to every kind of grain they tested for, as well as corn and other legumes. I've also had very painful sinus problems from inflammation all my life. since I stopped eating the grains, my sinus headaches have diminished as well. It's all seeming a little too good to be true sometimes. :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If people are paleo and primal make sure you join the group :)