Non-Scale Victory Stories

Options
coldiron50
coldiron50 Posts: 23 Member
Hi Everyone,
Just wondered if any of us have any recent changes besides weight that make you feel good about this journey? Just thought we might enjoy learning or celebrating from one another.
I would like to share that I was very intimidated by the physically fit people who bike on the bike trail by my home. They seriously look like Lance Armstrong, and I did my best to be inconspicuous because, well, I don't bike like Lance armstrong. But after a few weeks, I really wanted to get past it, and so I just got on the trail and rode as far as I cared. They flew by me, of course,..but when I got home I had biked 14 miles in a reasonable time..and no longer felt like I didn't belong out there. The moral for me was, Just go for it....whatever it is holding you back, get past it. I have looked foolish before in my life, and it wasn't the death of me :)

Replies

• mammawbeth
    Options
    I feel good about this journey, because I have increased my exercising habits, my eating habits are better because I am aware of what I put in my body and eat healthier. I can actually feel my clothes fitting better on my body. I have a bad knee and now, with the weight I have started losing and walking daily, my knee is not so painful. I am so proud of each and everyone of us that has the courage to get on the weight loss journey...however long it takes...but I can do it! And I know all of you can and will be successful.
  • connette51
    connette51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I finally have a waistline that is visible on a picture! Also I have met all of you, and you are vital to my continued success. I can get into clothes that I haven't worn in over a year, so I can now keep them. At the doctors office, my blood glucose levels are down, and my bad cholesterol is really down, and the good is up!
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For most of my life I didn't play sports because I'm not good at them, and I didn't dance because I step on my own feet. When I was about 45 I decided that's enough, I'll play because it's fun and not care how I look or if I'm good at it. Especially if I win or not because I seldom win at anything, even Chinese checkers! So now I have fun and so does everyone else. I know what you mean by the Lance Armstrongs of the biking world, though, Gail. And they all wear these skinny Speedos and that's just laughable to think of me in a Speedo. So I wear my gym clothes or track suits or even jeans and a tee, and have fun, but I confess I can't ride a bike safely or very far, so I don't ride my bike as it's in mid traffic here where I live with no proper biking trails within distance.
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wonder how I look at karate practice with all those young guys, they're in their twenties, most of them, not all of them, and very few women and no seniors like me. I just do the best I can. They treat me pretty well and once the attendant at the door paid for my lesson because he noticed I leave before the lesson is over. Just can't take two hours of it. I'm hoping to get more ripped now I have a lifestyle coach for a couple of hours. Eating sensibly is a big part of being healthy and losing these last 10 pounds. But if I worry about how foolish I look then I wouldn't do it, or I'd go to a "lady's gym" like Curves, but this one is a really good gym, hard core, and I love it, with karate lessons that speak to me. So whatever age you are or shape you're in (and I get F's on all counts!) then just do the best you can, have fun, and don't worry about the rest of them. That being said, I try to look as good as I can without being artificial about it.